Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Look Out, World!

Somebody's fabulous, you say, Friends?
Hiya, Friends!  How are you this Thursday?  I'm doin' great.  Can't complain.  I can't be in a bad mood when I'm wearin' my "Dream Big" shirt. 

Do you have a shirt like that, Friends?  Not necessarily one that says "Dream Big" on it, although I think that's something everybody ought to remind themselves to do on a regular basis, but a shirt that just makes ya feel like you've got your sassy pants on today?

Well, I guess if it's a shirt that makes you feel that way, it'd be your sassy shirt that you have on today.  Shirts can be sassy, too.  Dresses.  Pairsa tights. 

Hey.  Come to think of it, I've got my sassy tights on today, too.  They've got a little bit of everything.  They've got stripes, flowers, and ruffles.  What else does a girl need to feel like she can grab the world by the horns?
Is it me?  Am I fabulous?  It's me, isn't it?

A shirt that says "Dream Big" in pink letters.  That's what!

Ummm.  Where was it I was drivin' us?  Where was I going with this conversation?

Oh, right!  So do you have any outfit like that, Friends?  You know, clothes that you put together then you put on, and you feel like nothing can stop ya today? 

You could say that having your day made or broken by what you're wearing is shallow.  I suppose you have a point, if that's what you're saying.  I mean, they're only clothes.  Ya put 'em on in the morning, and then they go in the hamper at bedtime.  Big whoop-de-do.  It isn't like clothes have magical powers or anything.

Or do they? 

Awww, you're so sweet for saying that, Friends! 
Here's where I'm comin' from, Friends.  I don't think if you're a dud, and you wear a really great outfit, that you're gonna be any less of a dud if that's just what you are.  And there's nothing wrong with that. 

But.  If there's some sparkle in you, and it's just been hidden under a buncha stuff, and all of a sudden, ya take off the cargo shorts and fanny pack and polo shirt, and ya put on your favorite blue jeans, your favorite top (or shirt if you're a fella!), maybe a really great hair clippie (fellas, I won't judge!), and just like magic, you're standing up a little straighter.  You're walkin' with a little more life in your steps.

You know what they call that, Friends?  They call it confidence. 

You're fabulous, too!
Confidence comes from knowin' you can do something.  Confidence comes from knowin' you look good. 

You know what you can do more if you're confident, Friends?  You can smile more.  And you know what smilin' more gives ya? 

That's right, more CONFIDENCE! 

And it's so much easier to have confidence when you know you look good than it does when you're wondering, or when you know you look lousy.  For instance, when's the last time ya wore a hospital gown that ya felt like you could take on the world?  Be honest, Friends.  How confident can ya be when you're worried about your hiney-butt showin'?

Anyway, maybe payin' attention to the clothes you wear and how they make ya feel isn't so shallow after all, because when you're confident, you're just better.  When you know you look good, you don't hafta worry about whether or not ya look good.  What a paradox!
Look out, World!  Zozie's got her sassy outfit on today!

When you're not worryin' about how ya look, your brain is free to be fabulous.

So that's why I've got my sass on today, Friends!  I'm dreamin' big!  I'm ready to take on the world, so watch the heck right out!

Get your sass on, too, Friends!  It's Thursday.  There's still a lotta world-takin' on to do!  Let's do it together!


I love ya, Friends!   I'll be seein' you tomorrow, mmmmkay?

Stay fabulous!

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment