Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stop! It's Hammer-Time!

Stop!  You can tell I'm serious by the way I'm standing!
Friends! Have you ever noticed that there's a lot of musics out there with the word "Stop!" in 'em?  It's true.  And I find this really ironic, because nearly all of the "Stop!" songs just make me wanna get up and go, go, go!

Don't believe me?  Get out your music collection and listen to these songs and tell me if I'm not right:

"Stop in the Name of Love" by the Supremes

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" by Michael Jackson

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" by the Hollies

"I Can't Stop Dancin'" by Archie Bell and the Drells

"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey

"Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Jefferson Airplane Starship

"Stop" by the Spice Girls

"Please Don't Stop the Music" by Rihanna

Then, of course you have these songs in which "Stop" features prominently in the lyrics of the song:

"Keep It Comin' Love!" by KC and the Sunshine Band

"Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice

"U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer

"Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty

"Rubber-neckin'" by Elvis Presley

That oughtta give you a good playlist to get started with today, Friends, and if you're anything like me, you'll notice that "Stop!" is a really funny-looking word if you see it and say it enough!

Well, Friends, I have some big stuff to do, and I'm sure you do, too, so I'm gonna letchya go, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  I love ya LOTS!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment