Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

An' They Had a DISCO BALL!



My Ballapalooza is the closest thing I have to a disco ball.
 Hiya, Friends!  Well, last night, we went to TGIFridays.  It was pretty neat.  Our waitress brought me a straw of my very own to play with.  I didn't even make a fuss, and she just gave me a straw!  I pretended it was a magic wand.

Then our light was cool.  It reminded me of a lamp from the 1950s I saw on the internet.  But it was hanging from the ceiling.  How about that?!

Mommy and Daddy let me share their fried green beans with Wasabi-Ranch sauce.  I didn't know that green beans were something to be fried, but Mommy said that fried green beans are okay for a sometimes-treat, but not an everyday addition to your meal.  I sure liked the crunchy part.  The green beans were good, too, but I'm not gonna lie, Friends.  That crunchy part was where it was at!
I looked up and there it was! A disco ball!

Mommy got some chicken skewers that came with pita bread.  She shared her pita bread with me.  It was so good and soft and warm and tasty.  It was almost as good as my crescent roll on Thanksgiving.  And I felt like such a big girl, sitting right up at the table at TGIFridays, eating the pita bread, just like I owned the place!  Or, at least just like I was a big girl at the table, eating pita bread.  The only thing about it was that Mommy made me wear a bib.  That's pretty much a tip-off that I'm a baby.  I think I coulda convinced everybody in our section that I'm NOT a baby, except with that bib, that's what everybody thought I was, I'm pretty sure.  I think I handled it well.  I didn't kick up a fuss.  The waitress brought me out a dish of ice cream.  It was good.  But with that bib on, to everybody else, I just looked like a baby with a bib on, eating ice cream soup, like Wemberly from my book.

I sure love disco balls!
But that's not all.  As I was sitting there, thinking about how awful it was that I had to sit there with a bib on, I looked up, and there was beautiful light, dancing on the wall.  I suspected, and then when I looked a little higher, there it was: a big, beautiful disco ball.  Musta been a two-footer.  It was a little dusty.  That, I could see right from my high chair.  But it didn't change that the light the disco ball put up on the wall was nothing short of beautiful, and it reminded me of how much I yearn for a disco ball of my very own.

Now, if I had a disco ball of my very own, I wouldn't let it get dusty.  I know where Mommy keeps the window cleaning spray that comes in a can, and I know where to find the microfiber cloths.  I'd keep my very own disco ball all shined up.  It's been a fond dream of mine to have a disco ball to call my own for quite a while now.

Seeing that disco ball at the restaurant reminded me just now much I'd like to adopt a disco ball.  I wonder who I'd need to get in touch with, to help this dream come true.  I wonder if the Little Giraffes would know.  I'll hafta get on this, Friends!  I will!





No comments:

Post a Comment