Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ghost-Writer?!

Why, yes, I do my own writing!
Hiya, Friends!  The other day, I was asked who my ghost-writer is.  The question sort of startled me, because while I've heard rumors that the house I live in is haunted, I didn't know our ghosts actually write. 

And even if our ghosts DO write, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've never actually learned any of our ghosts' names. 

Funny things, those ghosts.  Why, I'd almost think that they're just as startled by us as we are of them.  They don't like to draw attention to themselves, our ghosts.  Every once in a while, they'll leave a weird hand-print on the newel post outside my bedroom door, or open or close a door.  Every once in a while, they'll make my mushroom activity center play its song, just to mess with me, but most of the time, those ghosts just like to keep to themselves. 
What would a ghost write, if ghosts wrote?

So I don't think that any of the ghosts that live in my haunted house would really want to do anything as attention-getting as write, much less write for me.  You know what I mean, Friends?

No, I do my own writing, Friends.  I certainly do.

I'd like to back up, though, and think for a little bit about what ghosts would write if they were so inclined.  I guess cook-books would be out.  Ghosts don't need to eat.  Maybe decorating books, you know, so they can get ideas on how to decorate their haunted houses so they have just the right mood.  Although, good luck to any ghost thinking they'll decorate MY haunted house... unless they like disco balls and butterflies, that is! 

Hmm.  What would ghosts write?

You know what I'd like my ghosts to write, Friends?  Any number of things.  The most immediate thing I wish my ghosts would write is a note to Mommy saying 'Please buy Zoe either Honey Nut Cheerios or Chocolate Cheerios instead of the boring old pasty-flavored plain Cheerios, Sincerely, The Ghosts.'  The ghosts would be my heroes if that's what they'd write, Friends.
The ghosts can leave the writin' to me!
Another thing I think would be nice for my ghosts to write would be a note saying "We hid money in the walls, and this is the wall we hid it in, Zoe!  It's all yours!  Enjoy!  Sincerely, The Ghosts!"  I recently told Mommy this is what I wish the ghosts would write, and she said there's a fat chance of that, because when they re-did the house, the workers stripped out all the walls and floors and ceilings, so the inside of my house looked like a picked-over Thanksgiving turkey carcass.  True story.  I've seen the pictures.

So I guess it's pretty much a given that there's no money hidden in the walls or ceiling or anywhere else in the house, for the ghosts to write me a note about and tell me it's mine. 

You know what IS all mine?  My work on this blog.  My words, my work.  That's right, Big People.  Zoe does all her own stunts AND writing.  I'm multi-talented!

And I love you, Friends!  Always.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment