Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends!

Hiya and Happy Valentine's Day!
 Hiya, Big People!  It's Valentine's Day!  I'll admit it's not my best day.  Hasn't really been my best week.  If you want the truth, I've been pretty cranky.  I've slapped at Mommy and Rozzie when they've tried helping me feel better.  I feel bad about that.  I don't know what's the matter with me, and it frustrates me that Mommy and Rozzie can't fix it.

Mommy says she thinks I'm getting ready to do some serious growing again, since I've started back needing my morning nap again.  Morning and afternoon.  I haven't napped in the morning for months, and now I find out I really need it.  I don't like it.  I don't like it at all, because I feel like I miss out on all kinds of fun stuff when I'm asleep, but I DO feel lots better when I wake up.

We'll keep that little tidbit between just you and me, though, mmmkay, Friends?


I'm five months old, wearin' my LOVE shirt.
I guess it's a good thing I'm probably getting ready to grow again some more. See, it was brought to my attention on today's The Daily Zoe Show over on the Facebook that I was seen wearing the shirt I'm wearing today last year around Valentine's Day.  I didn't believe it until they rolled the clip, and sure enough, there I was!  Wearin' the same shirt! 

Don't get me wrong.  I wear my clothes a lot.  All's you hafta do is look over my extensive body of work to see that I'm not shy about repeating outfits.  I have lotsa outfits, so it takes a while to repeat, but I don't even bat an eyelash at wearing the same thing lotsa times.  I love most of my outfits!

Except jeans.  I think I will have an ambivalent relationship with jeans for my whole life.  Sure, they're comfortable, but they never fit me just right.  I like wearing my BabyLegs better!  Maybe I'll invent BabyLegs for Big People!

What's that? ... Oh, they already more or less have BabyLegs for Big People, and they're called leggings and not all Big People ought to be wearing leggings in public? I gotcha.  Well.  I guess it's a good thing I'm going to be Fun-Size for a while, so I can still wear my BabyLegs in public, around the house, or wherever I darn well please!  How about that, Big People?
By golly, it IS the same shirt!
I guess what struck me as remarkable is that I don't really wear my "LOVE" shirt all that often, and I put it on this morning because it seemed festive.  I was five months old when I wore it last Valentine's Season.  I'm seventeen months now.  I can't get myself into some of the clothes I wore when I was really little.  My Fluffy Green Dress, for instance.  Boy, I loved that outfit!

So I guess I'm kinda glad I got to wear my LOVE shirt two Valentine's seasons in a row.  Makes me feel comfortable and like there's some continuity in this crazy world we live in.  The Cotton People want us to think that cotton's the fabric of our lives, but I think it's continuity.  Having a common thread.  It's nice to know I can reach into my closet and pick out something I wore last year at this time, and I can wear it today, because things are changing for me so much these days.  Not in a bad way.  I mean, every day, I can do something I couldn't do the day before.  I'm trying new foods, walking around lots more, learning new things.  I know it's old-hat to you Big People, but to me, sometimes it's all just a little bit overwhelming, and I hafta spazz out for a little while.  Maybe THAT'S what's had my diaper all in a bunch all week.

Huh.

Anyway, Big People!  I know it's Valentine's Day and all, but take some time to appreciate yourself and to be nice to yourself today.  And always remember, your pal Zoe loves you!  Muah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment