Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Postess With The Mostess!

Friends, this is my one-hundredth post!
 Hiya, Friends!  Welcome to my one-hundredth post!  Didja ever think we'd make it?  I admit, it was dodgy there, for a little bit.  But here I am, with Number One Hundred, and I'm pretty proud of myself.  I'm not gonna try to downplay it.  One hundred posts is a big deal, especially for me!

Since it's my one-hundredth post, and yesterday I said something that ended up confusing some people, I'll go ahead and clear it up!  I forget that not everything I say over on the Facebook comes across over here on my blog, and I can't call myself the Postess with the Mostess if a buncha my readers are all confused because they're not on the Facebook, and I'm referencing something I said over there, over here.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, the phrase in question is the one where I said "I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow."
People often ask me where I get my ideas!

 People were all like, 'Zoe, what on earth does that mean?  Ketchup is a condiment, not a verb!'

Well, I'll tell ya.  Back when I was a little kid, I heard somebody say to somebody else that 'we haven't seen each other in so long, we'll hafta get together for coffee and ketchup!'  I thought they were going to get together and drink coffee with ketchup in it!  That'd be silly, though, and kinda gross, so I KNEW I musta misunderstood. 

And then, I overheard somebody talking about being out of the office for a week and having to ketchup on their work.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I think if you put ketchup on your work, your boss would get mad!  It would definitely jam up the FAX machine if you had to use it, and your work had ketchup on it!

Then I had a breakthrough moment, Big People.  The ol' lightbulb really went off for me.  They weren't putting ketchup in their coffee or all over their work!  They were getting themselves and others up to speed!  You know, ketchup!

Here's where my ideas are from!  The top of my head!
Except, they weren't saying 'ketchup,' actually.  They were saying 'catch up.'  Where I life, 'catch up' and 'ketchup' sound similar, so you'll understand my confusion.  I believe I've mentioned before that my first language is actually Babese, so when it seems like you Big People are speaking a foreign language around me, it's 'cause you are.  I'm learning the language of the Big People, but sound-alikes still trip me up with humorous consequences.

But you know how I am, Friends.  I didn't let my misunderstanding get me down.  I just picked it up and ran with it. So now, when I say I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow or next week or whenever, I really do mean "catch up," but I just like saying "ketchup" better.  It's an inside joke here at The Daily Zoe, and now you're on the inside of it, too.  How about that?!

Well, now you know.  So until we ketchup again tomorrow, Friends, remember that Zoe loves ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment