Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's May Day!

So is May Day an eatin' holiday?
 Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's May Day all over again, isn't it?  I'm not really sure what to do with this holiday.  I guess back in the day, places would make a big to-do over May Day and have a May Day parade, and a Queen of the May, and a May Pole that people would dance around, and people would leave flowers on each other's doors.

Nowadays, I don't think we make much of a big deal about it.  I've yet to see a May Day parade, a May Pole, or a Queen of the May.  It's really too bad.  I think that'd be something to see!

No? That's too bad.  I like eatin' holidays.
You know who I think of when I think of a May Queen?  I think of Galadriel, from Lord of the Rings.  She was an elf queen, and was tall and pretty and blonde, and she wore flowing dresses.  I bet Galadriel would be a Queen of the May if they celebrated May Day in Middle Earth.  And she'd be attended by all the elves, and they'd make the May Day parade.  Boy, aren't they magical, those elves?  That'd be a sight to see!

We could make it an eatin' holiday.  I know how!
Of course, even if we had a May Day parade, Galadriel and the Elves wouldn't be in it.  They have more important things to do than dance around poles and be in parades, you know?  I mean, parades and such are cool and all, but the Elves have more important things to do than dabble in diversions.

We, on the other hand, ought to make a bigger deal out of May Day.  I think we could accomplish this by making May Day and Eating Holiday, like Thanksgiving or Easter or Memorial and Labor Days.  I guess the Fourth of July could be considered an Eating Holiday, too.  I think of eating outside on those days!

But in order to be an Eating Holiday, the holiday needs to have a signature thing to eat.  Thanksgiving has turkey, Easter has ham, and the Summer Eating Holidays have hot dogs and hamburgers and macaroni and tater salads and watermelons, and s'mores.

We could roll out the Cupcake-inator today!
Mmmmm!  I'm getting hungry, just thinking about all these things!

Back on task, Zoe.  Back on task.  How to make May Day and eating holiday.  That's what we're needing to do.  And I know just the thing.  May Day isn't such a big deal as those other holidays I mentioned, so May Day's signature food doesn't need to be a main meal. 

I think the Cupcake-inator would be a PERFECT food for May Day.  You know why?  If people are working on May Day, their employers could order Cupcake-inators for the conference rooms.  Cupcake-inators would be big for cupcakes, but still portable enough for people to eat at work without trouble.  Plus, the Cupcake-inators could be decorated to look like little bouquets of flowers, like the ones people used to leave on each other's doors on May Day.  And they'd make a delicious treat!

See?  Your pal Zoe has it all figured out, Big People.  I have it all figured out, except just HOW to get those Cupcake-inators to fruition and production.  It's a big puzzle to me, Friends!  A cupcake in a cupcake, all decorated up and tasty.

The hardest part is getting an idea in the first place, though, Friends.  And we've got that much.  We've got the kernel of an idea from which a real, honest-to-goodness Cupcake-inator will grow.  Or bake, as the case may be.  May Day, your days of not being in the forefront of beloved Eating Holidays are numbered.  Zoe and the Cupcake-inator will make it so!

No comments:

Post a Comment