Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Mondays.

It's Monday and Daddy's vacation is over, and I don't like it!
Hiya, Friends. Well, it was bound to happen. Daddy's vacation is all over. See, all last week, Daddy was on vacation, and I loved it. Got used to it, even. It was nice having him around. I got a bubble bath every morning! It was great!

And now, just like it was bound to happen, it's Monday again, and Daddy hasta go back to work.   And that stinks!

Way to make a little kid cry, Monday!

Why do Mondays always come by the case?
It's not just Daddy going back to work that has me all in a funk.  No.  Daddy works a lot, so I'm used to it.  I'll get used to Daddy being back to work.  But what really gripes me is that I have a case of the Mondays.  Ever notice how that works Big People?  It's always a case of the Mondays.  Not a box of 'em, or a tube of 'em, or a can of 'em.  A whole honkin' case of the Mondays.

I think I could deal with it if it were just a box, or a tube, or a can of the Mondays, but a whole case is overwhelming.  It's like having a whole pile of Main Meal on your plate, and one that you aren't crazy about, really, but you're eating it, because the other choice is to be hungry, and you don't like to be hungry.  So you just sit there, staring at that big pile of Main Meal, knowing that you've gotta get through it if you want any chocolate pudding.  You LOVE chocolate pudding, and you don't wanna miss out, but there's so much Main Meal on your plate that it isn't funny.  It isn't funny at all.

I'm not saying Moday oughtta be fired, but it definitely shouldn't get a raise!
Does that make any sense at all, Friends?  Am I coming close to what Monday is like?  'Cause it's exactly like that for me.  I'm not even telling a fiblet.

Hey!  Monday!  Zoe here! Dial it back a bit, willya?
I don't always have a beef with the day Monday.  Sometimes I quite like it.  It's just today, with Daddy back to work.  It was fun when he was on vacation!  Made the days go a little different than the same-old, same-old that it's usually like around here. 

So how do you deal with a case of the Mondays?
A case of anything else is easier, I think.  Like if you had a case of fabric softener, or saltine crackers, or something else you didn't want a whole case of, you could break it down into units and share with your friends, or maybe sell what you didn't want.  Give it as gifts.  Who wouldn't be thrilled to pieces with some new fabric softener or saltine crackers, after all?

Mondays, though, you can't break down the case of 'em, though, and share or sell.  Everybody's got their own case of the Mondays.  Nobody's going to want to take on extra Mondays!  So I don't know whatcha do about 'em, Big People.  I just don't.  I mean, one day has to be the one that ends the weekend and starts up the week,  If not, nobody'd have any money for the weekend!  And Monday's been in that position for a long time.  Takes a lot of guff for it, too.  In a way, I feel sad for Monday.  I don't think Monday had a choice.

Maybe Monday needs to manage its enthusiasm for being Monday, though.   You know, dial the Mondayness back some?  Instead of giving us all a case, how about a little hotel-shampoo size bottle of the Mondays?  That's handle-able!  That's not quite so hateful as a whole case!

I wonder if there's a petition going around or anything. If I got a petition and petitioned Monday not to be quite so Monday, would you sign it, Friends?  Pen, pencil, or crayon.  Every signature counts!


No comments:

Post a Comment