Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Another Month Older

Are you there, Cupcake?  It's me, Zoe!
Hiya, Friends!  Can you believe we've made it all the way to Friday again? 

Guess what.  Yesterday was my twenty-month birthday.   I didn't do anything special, really.  Vava let me stay in my tub long enough for the water to get cold, and she let me have extra bubbles, so that was fun,  but I don't think it was specifically for my Twenty-Month Birthday.  I think she was feeling guilty because Tuesday, my tub time got all rushed around, because we met up with our friend at Friendly's.  And of course, Wednesday, I had to take a bath in a dishpan, on account of the electricity being off. 

I know I should feel lucky I even got to take a bath on Wednesday.  I know I should feel lucky that Vava could get me warm enough water, just in the pipes, since nothing works when there's no electricity.  And I DO feel lucky.  It's just, I live in the First World, and these are my problems.
I know it looks like a calculator, but if I say it's a phone, it's a phone!

I know half the things I gripe about aren't worth thinking about, in the grand scheme of things.  And the Little Giraffes of the Wild Steppes of North Bingham are quick to point that out to me.  They tell me that some little kids my age they know hafta worry about being recruited to be pirates, or having an animal pop out of the jungle and eat 'em.

I enjoy not having to worry about being recruited to be a pirate or getting eaten by an animal.  I really do!  I think that goes without saying. 

Anyway, even though it's a first-world grumble, I had to take a bath in the dishpan the other day, it really made an impression on me, and I was glad to get to stretch out in my regular tub yesterday, and stay in until the water got cold.  There's something to be said about doing that!

I think the Big People call it "taking time for yourself!"  Well, that's what I did yesterday, Big People!  I took some time out for Zoe on my twentieth month's birthday.  And I liked it!

Well, don't you know there was cleaning to do at our house yesterday?  There was.  And I stepped right up and helped out.  I really did! 

See, I wanted to scrub the floor with OxyClean and a Microfiber, just like Vava was doing.  Well, she said she didn't want my hands getting all OxyCleaned, so she gave me a ShamWow and told me to wipe off the fronts of the cupboards.

No, I didn't get a ShamWow for my 20-month birthday, nor would I want one!
At least now I know where they got the name "ShamWow."  See, I've seen the advertisements for that thing.  I've seen how amazing the guy that looks like Moe from The Simpsons says it is, how it cleans everything up like it's magic.  And now I've seen how the thing really works, in the real world, so I said to Vava, "This thing's a sham!  Did you pay real money for it?" and she said she did. So I said "....WOW!"

I guess you could say I won't be endorsing ShamWow any time soon.  But it was fun, helping Vava clean, so my twentieth month birthday was really super.

And that's that! 

Even better, my weekend starts today!  It'll be like Daddy's on vacation all over again, except with it being not so many days in a row, and it'll also be quite different. 

Okay, it won't be anything like Daddy's vacation.  Forget I said that.  The bullet point is my weekend has already started, and yours is just hours away, Big people, so let's all whoop it up together!  Mmmmmkay?  And always remember, Zoe loves ya!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment