Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

I've Got That Saturday Feelin'!

Hi, guys!  Happy Saturday!  Come on in!
HiYA! Friends!  Well, I was gonna hang a "gone fishin'" sign on my blog for the weekend, but then I decided I couldn't stay away from all of you that long, so here I am! 

What I have is that Saturday feeling.  You know what I mean?  I've noticed that each day of the week has its own feel.  Have you noticed that? 

Let me explain, just in case you're sitting there thinking 'Zoe you're nuts.'

Mondays, for instance, they usually make a sinking feeling settle over the pit of your stomach, you know?  Kind of like when you're going to the doctor to get a shot.  It's rarely as bad as you think it's gonna be, but that doesn't stop you from wearing a cloak of dread before and during the ordeal.  That's Monday for ya.

Fridays are my favorite!
Tuesdays are kind of rushed, and intense, like you know that you've gotta buckle down and get on with the business of being in your business for the week.  You'd probably feel dread about Tuesday, but you're really too busy to notice any dread, and besides, you're picking up momentum.  Plus, lotsa people have tacos for dinner on Tuesday nights, and Taco Tuesday is just fun.

Wednesday, you're up at the tippy-top of the week's hill.  You're still all busy with the stuff you've gotta get accomplished during the week, but you know the downhill side of the week is coming.  Plus, somebody usually brings donuts for the conference room on Wednesdays, because it's in the middle of the week and all, so Wednesdays aren't all that bad.  Tolerable.

Thursdays, you can feel your wheels really rolling.  Thursdays are fun!  Lotsa paydays are Thursdays!  You can't go wrong with payday, can ya, Big People? 

Fridays are my favorite day of the week, though.  See, I was born on a Friday.  That's a good way to start things out!  Fridays are great, because you know you still have the whole, entire weekend stretched out in front of you, still wrapped in its plastic keeping it fresh.  From where Friday stands, your weekend's possibilities are ENDLESS!!!  Yep, Fridays are my FAVORITE day of the week!

I've got that Saturday feeling today!
'Course ya just can't beat that feeling when you wake up on Saturday morning and realize 'it's SATURDAY!!!'  If you're into cartoons, there are some cartoon-type offerings on the television set, I suppose.  I've tried cartoons a few times and haven't really gotten into 'em.  I'm a kinetic kid, I'm thinking.  More doing, less watching. Saturdays are adventurous.  I never know where I'm gonna wind up on a Saturday.  It could be a car show, it could be a shopping mall, it could just be kicking around the house, but it doesn't matter, because IT'S SATURDAY!!! and you just can't beat that Saturday feeling!

On Sundays, Daddy makes us watch Meet the Press.  That's okay.  I don't mind that show.  But it definitely sets the tone for the day.  Sundays are kinda funny.  They're a little like Saturdays, but a little more serious, because you know you're just hours away from the end of the weekend, and that's sorta sad.  But sometimes, you get potroast on Sunday, so that sort of makes up for it being the harbinger of the weekend's doom.

Sort of.  Anyway, today, I'm glad today's Saturday, so I can bask in that Saturday Feelin'!  I hope you are, too, Friends!  I hope you are, too!




No comments:

Post a Comment