Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Rainbow in My Room!

I have a rainbow in my room!
Hiya, Friends!  I wanna tell you about the rainbow I have in my room.  

See, it's this nightlight-like thing that sits on my dresser, and it has a button on it, and when I turn on that button, some lights shine on a mirror, and it makes a rainbow on the wall behind my crib.  How about that?!

It isn't like a regular rainbow that needs to have water and sunshine shining through the water droplets.  This is a prism and a mirror and magic!

Or something else.  Maybe sciency stuff.  I don't know.  You can follow this link to see what the company says about the Rainbow in my Room toy that I have.

No rain required for my rainbow!  Nope!
Frankly, I don't care about all that sciency stuff about the Rainbow in my Room.  All I know for sure, and all I care about is that the rainbow makes me happy.

It got me thinking about little kids in hospitals.  And Big People, for that matter.  Wouldn't it be great if everybody, but especially people in the hospital, could have a rainbow in their rooms?  Why, if it didn't make 'em spend less time in the hospital out of sheer rainbow-y wonderfulness, I bet it'd at least make it seem a little less dreary. 

Think about it.  Who DOESN'T smile and feel at least a little better when they see a rainbow?  That's the whole POINT of rainbows!  It's like the world saying "here's a buncha rain I've dumped on you, but look up, look up, LOOK UP!  I madejya a RAINBOW!"  If you've ever wished you could bottle that feeling, and save it for a day when it isn't raining, but you feel as though it is, you pretty much can't beat this handy Rainbow in My Room device.

I feel like rainbows are the world's way of saying 'It's gonna be okay!'
I don't even think having a projector that projects a pretty rainbow on the wall ought to be limited to just people in hospitals.  I think everybody could use a little boost, every now and then, and that's how my Rainbow in My Room works for me!  If I'm upset, or not ready to get out of crib, I ask for the Rainbow to be turned on, and I feel like that rainbow on my wall is a big floor to dance on, and there are all kinds of slowly turning disco balls, and I'm dancing in all those sparkles on that rainbow.

I think everybody ought to feel like that, Big People!  I think everybody ought to have a rainbow of some kind that they can look out when they need to.  I think the world would be a happier place.  We could call it 'rainbow therapy.'  We could make that a thing. 

Anyway, rainbow therapy or no rainbow therapy, I love ya just the same, Big People!  Always remember that!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment