Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

I'm Going on Vacation in My Head (TM) and You're Invited!

It's time for a Vacation in Our Heads (TM)!
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Thursday, and you know what?  With Tuesday's power outage and the dipsy-doodle weather we've had lately, I've decided something.  I've decided that it's time to go on a Vacation in My Head (TM), and you know what else?  I want you all to come along, Friends. 

Now, usually, I'd ask everybody where we ought to go on our Vacation in Our Heads (TM), but in the interest of getting to go on our Vacation in Our Heads (TM) in a timely manner, namely today, I'm just going to pick.  ... No, don't even worry.  I'm not picking Chuck E. Cheese for my Vacation in Our Heads (TM).  No. 

I've chosen the Island of Oahu in the State of Hawaii.  That's right.  The Land of Aloha, and King Kamehameha, and ukuleles, and pretty flowers, and excellent shopping, and sandy beaches, and ocean waves, and sweet, sweet fresh fruit and delicious fresh fish, and...

See this fridge? We don't need it on our Vacation in Our Heads (TM)!
I'm getting ahead of myself, and I apologize.  It's just that I had so much fun the last time I went on a Vacation in My Head (TM) to Hawaii, and I wanted to get there quickly!  But I guess I'd better back up and letchya know how to get there.  On a regular vacation, you hafta pack, and then unpack and take half your stuff out, and make sure your fluids aren't more than three ounces, and then you hafta get to the airport early and then fly on a big airplane for EVER, and you're kinda tired all out before you get to your destination.

It isn't like that when you take a Vacation in Your Head (TM).  We get to skip all that.  Just close your eyes, and you can be there!

'Cause there are RESTAURANTS!
Now, if you LIKE the airport and airplane portions of vacation, feel free to imagine all of that.  I just choose to skip forward, and find myself on the beach, in the warm sand!  I'm on Waikiki Beach, because I like to be in the middle of everything, and I'm gonna go up Diamondhead a little later on.  On a Vacation in My Head (TM), I can hike Diamond Head anytime I wanna, I don't have to wait until it's open.  It works that way for you, too, Big People.  Anyplace you wanna go, there aren't a lot of people.

Back to our Vacation.  Once we've had enough of the beach, I want to go to Lulu's with everybody.  Lulu's is this place where you're eating inside, but it feels like you're eating outside, because the windows aren't windows, they're just open spaces in the walls, and they have lights that are made out of real pufferfish!

Actually, that's not really a big selling point of that particular restaurant.  But according to Mommy, the food's really good, so we can overlook the light-up pufferfish.

We're gonna have a GREAT time, Friends!
And there's a ColdStone Creamery right under the Aston Hotel!  A real Cold Stone!  I think we wanna go there after!  I love ice cream!  And ice cream and the beach is tops!

And maybe we can go to the International Marketplace after we do all that eating!  It's right in the middle of Waikiki, and it's a shopping area with lotsa trees!  And the busiest Post Office in the whole entire country!  How about that?!  But it just looks like a treehouse!  And there's little geckos all over the place!  You can't take 'em home as pets, but you can make friends with 'em while we're in Hawaii.

Then, we can go around and gather up plumeria flowers and make a great big lei.  I think that'd be fun, and leis smell so pretty.  When I'm looking at picture-books, the plumeria are my favorite.  And the hibiscus.  I like all flowers, really.

I think we should learn how to surf while we're on our Vacation in Our Heads (TM).  I don't hafta worry about being a baby who can't swim, because I've got me a swim-vest I'm gonna show you in a few days, and besides, when you're on a pretend vacation, you're automatically good at everything you try! 

And the calories don't count either.

So let's saddle up, Friends!  Let's go on my Vacation in Our Heads (TM)!  Right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment