Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mondayless Weeks Mess With My Head!

What day is it?  Do I know?
Hiya, Friends!  Well, it's Wednesday, even though it doesn't feel like Wednesday.  It feels more like Tuesday, a little.  You know why?  We had a Mondayless Week this week!

Imagine how taken aback I was to find Daddy home with me four days in a row, and then on the fifth to wake up and have things be back to same-old, same-old with Mommy, also known as the Short Bath-Giver!  Why, sometimes I think I ought to feel lucky she even gives me a bath at all, and doesn't just take me outside, sit me in a bucket, and spray me off with the hose.  Would it kill Mommy to put a decent amount of water in my tub, and fill it up the rest of the way with luxuriously foamy bubbles and, I don't know, let me stay in there more than a coupla minutes?

I bet it wouldn't kill her, Friends.  I bet she'd be just fine, letting me have a relaxing little soak.

What was I even talking about?

Right!  It's Wednesday!
Oh, yeah!  Mondayless Weeks!  I know we all get bummed out by Mondays.  I know it.  I do, too.  But they serve an important purpose.  They hold the place of all the other days of the week, so that we know which foot we're on.

I'm not complaining, mind you.  I love having extra days that Daddy's home, and that I can see Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz and Gramma and Grampa.  I love it!  But then when the inevitable occurs, and we hafta go back on a regular schedule, if that regular schedule starts off on a Tuesday, for instance, I feel like I've started marching in a parade, but I wasn't sure which foot to start out on, and the one I started out on is probably the wrong one.

Does that make sense?

Let's knock the rest of this week out, Big People!
I can tell I'm getting older.  This kind of thing never usedta bother me, but now it really sort of does.  I don't even have a good answer for it, and you know that's unusual for me, Big People.  I guess I'm just letting you know I feel your pain, and I can commiserate.  Does that make you feel better?  It sort of makes me feel better, knowing we're all in the same boat.  It does.

Anyway, Friends, I know we're only on the second day of the daily grind this week, but we're already on the downhill slope of the week.  Friday's still in two days.  That's something that oughtta make you wanna just smile big.  So let's get to it, Big People! 

 Let's send this week home in a decisive manner!  Now that we know what day it is, let's decide which foot to start out on, from here on out.  I say the right one.  Start out on the right foot, always, and you can't be wrong!  Rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment