Pages

Friday, March 31, 2017

Chompy

I bet this guy really took a bite outta life!  And other things!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Friday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm still rattlin' around in the dang ol' Odditorium, and while yesterday's post talked about art that kinda made a kid feel big, today's post is about feelin' completely small and a little bit like shark-bait.

You see, at the Odditorium, there's the jaws of a giant, prehistoric shark on display.  Big enough for me to stand inside and still look dwarfed.  The shark was a Megalodon, and he musta been HUGE!

You know, I'm something of a dinosaur buff.  I avidly watch Dinosaur Train on PBS kids.  I like to compare dinosaurs' features.  But on Dinosaur Train, it's hard to grasp just how big those dinosaurs could be.  They all fit on a magical train that goes through time-tunnels, after all.  So in my mind, the dinosaurs were all about my size or thereabouts. 

Standin' inside the Megalodon jaws kinda really put things into perspective for me.  The Megalodon's teeth were each as big as my whole head, and he had rows and rows of 'em!  That's a marvel in a museum, but I'm glad I'm not out in the ocean, just tryin' to swim, and all of a sudden, seeing all those big teeth coming for me!

I bet his name was Chompy, though!

Hey, Friends!  Don't be shark-bait.  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment