Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Rise Above

Rise far, far above your detractors, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Sunday to ya!

Well, ya know, I pride myself on bein' a buoyant Little Kid.  I really do. 

But even I have my detractors and dementors.  One of my chief detractors and dementors is my frenemy Pidgie McDougall. 

Pidgie McDougall is something else, Big People.  We usedta work together over at The Company, before I left and became Donut Dude's Director of Donut Development.  Pidgie ran the switchboard, and whenever I was transferring a call, or havin' a call transferred to me, Pidgie would mis-direct the call.  Whenever we'd be shoppin' at the Little Kid Gourmet Grocery Store at the same time, Pidgie would race her cart to the deli section and buy up all the Marshmallow Salad from me.  This would still be goin' on, if I hadn't started shoppin' at Whole Foods Cut Up Into Quarters With The Crusts Off.  Pidgie won't set foot into that store, because she says it's too frou-frou for her.  That's fine with me!

Then there was the Valentine's Day that Pidgie got everybody in the office building a Valentine, but didn't get me one.  Sabretooth shared his Valentine from Pidgie with me.  There was the St. Patrick's Day that Pidgie pinched me, even though I was in head-to-toe green. 

My tales of woe at the hands of Pidgie McDougall could go onandonandon.  But I don't let Pidgie McDougall dull my sparkle or ruin my day or break my heart.  Nope!  What I DO do is Rise Above.  Sometimes, I close my eyes and visualize myself floatin' up and up above Pidgie. 

Other times, I get in the elevator at Donut Dude's World Headquarters, which is right across the street from my old Company I used to work at, and where Pidgie still works, and I make up a whole bunch of those water balloons that come on a stalk, and ya fill the whole batch all at once, and I gather up my Donut Development Team, and we go out on the balcony in the breakroom, and we pelt Pidgie McDougall with those water balloons when she comes and goes outta The Building across the street.

You can do things like that when ya rise above.  Hahahahaaha!

Seriously, though, Big People.  If someone's gettin' ya down, don't you let 'em!  You're tops in my book!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment