Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It's Pi Day!

I'll be a monkey's cousin!  My pie-pick for Pi Day is Banana Creme!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to you!

Well, ya know, I was gonna talk about the snow, but then I realized that today's Pi Day- or 3-14! 

If ya remember back to math class, Pi is the value that you can use to calculate all kindsa things about circles.  Wanna know the circumference of a circle (which is a fancy way of sayin' the measurement of how big around the circle is)?  The formula is 2(pi) r, where "r" is the length of the radius.  Or half the way across the middle of the circle.

If ya need to find out what a circle's area is, like if ya made a cake and need to know how much icing to put on it to cover it, you'd use the formula Pi-r-squared!

Remember this by thinking "Pies are square!  Cakes are round!"  Because why on earth would ya wanna put icing on a pie anyways?  You got all that fruit fillin' in there that makes it sweet enough.  Puttin' icing on toppa all that would just be havin' too much sweet in a dessert, and this is comin' from a five and a half year old!

Yep.  I'm pretty new at mathing, but I'm already fascinated by the wonders of Pi, and I'm just glad as all get-out to get to celebrate Pi today.  I hope you do, too!

If I had the choice of what kinda pie to have in honor of Pi day, I'd pretty much pick banana creme pie today, because that's what I'm in the mood for!

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment