Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Day of Donut Reckoning!

At least I don't hafta try all the donuts developed in the Dog Donut Division!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Friday to you!

Well, ya know, there's a new Donut Season coming up- Easter-time and all, and as Donut Dude's Director of Donut Development, I hafta give all the donuts we've developed a taste, before we make our final selections, to see which ones pass the taste-test, and which ones are just plain awful.

Sometimes, the ideas of my team and myself are really great, like the Eastertime we developed a partnership with Cadbury, and made Creme Eggs Benedict Donuts. 

They were some of the fanciest donuts we've ever created at Donut Dude's, Big People!  They were pretty much a meal contained in a donut, with the addition of a medium Bambinoccino!

This year, I fear we're comin' up short on Ideas for New.  We got to thinkin' about little baby-chicks at Eastertime, and decided to base a donut on baby-chick food, with yellow coconut flakes on the outside of the donut, to be reminiscent of downy-brand-new-baby-chick feathers. 

The result was a donut that tasted like the inside of a chicken coop, if you could deep-fry the inside of a chicken-coop and then roll the outside of it in yellow-food-colored coconut flakes.

Then we got to thinkin' about the Easter Bunny, and we did some research on what bunnies eat, and we found out that they eat food pellets, if they're kept in a hutch.  So we tried makin' some Rabbit Food Donuts, using the ingredients they make food pellets out of, then crushing up some actual rabbit food pellets on the outside.

Those donuts made the deep-fat-fried chicken coop donuts seem delicious by comparison.

Which leads me to my decision to call up the Cadbury people again this year and beg 'em to let us bring back the Creme Eggs Benedict Donuts, only for Eastertime.  I'm fairly confident that they'll let us, because those donuts are DELICIOUS cross-promotion opportunities, and also, we couldn't keep those donuts in our Donut Dude Cafe and Bake Shoppes a couple years back when we ran 'em.  People went crazy for 'em!

Anyways, on days like today, these Days of Donut Reckoning, I am super-thankful that I also do not have to eat all the donuts developed over in Dog Donut Development.  Oh, Lort, the other day, I smelled liver coming from over there.  It's just as well that Rozzie got hired to direct that operation!  I'll stick with my mixed bag of blessings, designing and developing donuts over in the human division of the company!

Count your blessings, Big People!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment