Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Donuts in the Conference Room!

Sabretooth was rattling a plastic bag by his phone microphone here, and telling me he was going through a tunnel and I was breaking up.  Ha!  There isn't a tunnel between here and Buffalo!
Friends, few things in life thrill me as much as finding out there are donuts in the conference room here at The Daily Zoe. 

Yesterday, Sabretooth was supposed to be here at a certain time to talk to me about the start of the Sabres season, and he was late, which burnt me up.  There's more to the story than that, but the point is, he was late, and it made me mad. 

A wizard is neither late nor early, but precisely on time. Sabretooth isn't a wizard, hate to break it to him.
I'm thinking of my favorite donut: All Of Them!
But he brought donuts from Tim Horton's for in the conference room, and I'm ashamed to say it, but seeing those nice glazed rings of deep-fried fat and air made me forget all about being mad at my striped friend.  I hate to think I can be played that easily.  See, Sabretooth KNEW he was late to my show.  He KNEW it!  And he brought me donuts, because he knew I just love 'em, and once I saw them and ate one or two, he'd be off the hook.

I'll always be your friend, 'Tooth!
I guess you could say I wear my heart on my sleeve.  If I like something, you know it.  If I don't like something, you know it.  That's how Sabretooth knew how to get me off from being mad at him for being so late.

 The thing is, whether he brings donuts for the conference room or whether he just decides to slink in and hope nobody notices when he's late, I can't stay mad at him.  He makes me laugh.  What can I say?

So I guess in the future, to help Sabretooth so he's not late getting to my show, I'll buy him a talking watch for his birthday this year.  That way, he won't even hafta look at it, and he'll know just what time it is. 

That's what!

No comments:

Post a Comment