Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sweet Sixteens: A Retrospective!

This is me at Sixteen Minutes Old! (Give or take...)
Here I am at Sixteen Hours (ish) Old!
At Sixteen Days Old, I musta been exhausted!
Well, hiya, Friends!   Yesterday, as you know, I turned Sweet Sixteen Months!  And as I got thinking about it, I've passed a lot of the Sixteens already!  Once, I was sixteen seconds old!  After that, I was sixteen minutes, sixteen hours, sixteen days, and sixteen weeks old!  How about that? 

So now it's the day after my Sweet Sixteen (and I'll tell ya what, Friends, I had a blast!), I thought it'd be fun if I did another retrospective on those other Sixteens I've turned in my life!

The only Sixteen that's missing was when I was Sixteen Seconds Old.  I looked back in the archives, and I was stark nekkid at sixteen seconds old!  Holy smokes!  I can't be putting nekkid pictures of me on the Interwebs!  You never know who'll ever run across The Daily Zoe Blog in the future!  I don't want People From the Future seeing my nekkid self all over the place! 

Come to think of it, I don't want all you seeing me nekkid, either, Friends.  It'd just make things all kinds of awkward when we get together.  I know you understand!

So, during my first couple Sixteens in this life, things were very overwhelming to me.  I slept a lot.  I remember it then!  All I could do, pretty much, was just eat and sleep and look around.  It wasn't a thing to take a nap, because I think it was my job, besides all of that eating.  Eat and sleep, sleep and eat.  So it didn't upset me when Mommy would put me in a crib for me to go to sleep.  Sleeping was how I earned my keep around this place!

I remember that by the time I was Sixteen Days Old, I had already decided that I was a fan of Sixties Dance Music!  I think that's something that's going to be with me my whole life!  It just makes me happy all over.  And dancing is good for the soul!

Boy.  It's hard to believe now, but back then, I hadn't eaten anything besides Similac!  I thought that's all there was to eat!  I couldn't even have anticipated how wonderful food is!
Hiya, Friends!  I'm Sixteen Weeks Old here!  Finally, I'm starting to show some signs of life!

By the time I was Sixteen Weeks Old, I was starting to learn to eat Big People Food, Big People!  My first meal was rice cereal.  Not awfully exciting, but it sure was something, compared to all that Similac!  The next week, I got to try sweet potatoes!  I love sweet potatoes!  In fact, I haven't met any Big People Food I haven't liked.   

Pssssssst: I still love cake!  I just have been trying to modulate my love for cake, because as you'll remember there was talk of me having a "problem" with cake.  By "problem," I'm assuming those natterers that suggested such a thing really mean "addiction."  Yes, I've been doing some reading.  I don't have a "problem" with cake.  I'm just very enthusiastic about it.  So there.
Finally, this is me at Sixteen Months!  Sweet! Hahahaha!

 Yesterday, I turned Sixteen Months, and if I thought all my other Sixteens were exciting, I didn't know what was in store for me at Sixteen Months.  I can do all sorts of things now that I couldn't on those other Sixteens.  I have hair!  I didn't have hair on any of my other Sixteens!  I have some teeth!  That's new!  I can walk, and run, and dance, and climb, and ride on things, and face frontwards in the car, and exercise with Mommy (sort of), and feed myself bite-size Big People Food, and play with Rozzie, and build things with blocks, and pick out which books I want to read!  It's all so exciting for me!  It's exciting to be Sixteen Months Old, Friends!

And I'm excited that you stop in and see me, here on the World Wide Web.  My Friends are the best!  So remember, Zoe loves you, Big People!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment