Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life Is A Bowl Of Ice Cream!

Sure, I'll scream for ice cream!
If I've learned anything from my Aunt Colleen, Big People, it's how to appreciate a good dish of ice cream.  That's right.  I just love the stuff.

A celebration isn't a celebration without it.  Think about it, Friends!  What do you have at birthday parties?  Cake 'n' ice cream!  It really makes for a festive mood.  Do you think it'd be the same if your party-host served cake 'n' mashed potatoes, or cake 'n' gruel?

What even is gruel, anyway?  It sounds kinda unappealing, when you get right down to it.  Like what they'd serve to people in the poorhouses.  Like that Oliver Twist fellow.  Isn't it gruel that he goes up to the fat man and asks for more of?  And the fat man throws a fit?  Well, I say the fat man shoulda been thrilled that Oliver wanted more gruel.  God love that Oliver for being so brave as to admit to liking such an unappealing dish!  I'll tell ya what!
Sabretooth has an ice cream headache!  Poor 'Tooth!

Back to my ice cream, though.  We've established that ice cream is more festive than mashed potatoes and gruel.  We don't need to belabor that point.

As good as ice cream is, and as happy as it makes people, there is a dark side to it.  For instance, did you know, Friends, that if you eat ice cream too fast, it gives you a headache?  Over in the picture to the right, my friend Sabretooth has fallen victim to the dreaded Brain Freeze brought on by eating ice cream too fast.  He's all right.  He just got a little zealous, celebrating the recent deal between the NHL owners and the hockey players.  He gets to go back to work at the arena on game nights, and that makes him happy, because he was worried that he was gonna hafta go back to work at the Mighty Taco.  He says working at Mighty Taco is one of those kinds of jobs where you're glad you did it when you had to, but when you don't have to anymore, it's fun to look back on your days working at the Emmm Teeee, but it's nothing you want to go back to doing.  I'm happy for Sabretooth!  He's happier around here when he's gotten to launch T-shirts at a hockey game!
I love to scoop ice cream!
As for me, I'm careful when I eat my ice cream.  I'll never forget my first ice cream cone.  It was at Bruster's in Wexford.  It was vanilla, and Mommy tipped my ice cream cone into a dish and I got to eat it with a spoon!  It afforded me the luxury of not having to hurry to eat my ice cream and get a headache.  And it was really delicious!

I'm looking forward to eating lots of different flavors of ice cream besides the ones I've tried before.  I think someday, I'm even going to try my hand at making ice cream.  I've heard a rumor that you can make ice cream right in your own home.  If that's true, why, you could make any flavor of ice cream that you wanted!  The sky'd be the limit!

I cannot wait to get started, inventing new ice cream flavors, Friends, if it's true that you can make your own ice cream at home!  I'm going to look it up on the World Wide Web!

And guess what, when you're talking about an ice-cream-worthy event, tomorrow, I turn Sweet Sixteen.  Sweet Sixteen Months, that is!  Look for my thoughts on that milestone on Thursday.  Tomorrow, I'll be too busy celebrating my Sweet Sixteen to write about it, but I will write about something else. 

Mmmmkay, Friends!  Don't eat your ice cream too fast and always remember, Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment