Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Find Your Maracas!

Everybody's got their somethin'!
Hiya, Friends!  Boy!  Had a busy end of the week last week!  How on earth are ya?  Today, I want to talk about a passion of mine: music!

You see, music makes you dance, and dancing's good for your soul.  I've just recently learned that besides taking music in, I enjoy making music!  How about that?

Aunt Colleen and Uncle Lorentz got me a set of musical instruments for my birthday.  There's a xylophone, a tambourine, a clacker, harmonica, kazoo, a guiro, a pair of castanets, a paddle with tambourine-like jingles in it, a dinner-bell.... I mean triangle, and maracas.  At the time, I wasn't sure what to do with those musical instruments.

Well.  I'm older now.  I'm much more sophisticated.  I am one and one-thirds years old.  Sixteen months going on seventeen months.  That's me.  I was still practically a baby when I turned one, but now, I'm all grown up, and I've learned to play some of those fabulous musical instruments.  I like the tambourine and the clacker.  I get instant results from those instruments.  I like the xylophone because it's made from pretty wooden blocks.  I have some work to do with the harmonica and kazoo.  Those instruments are really difficult to play.  And I've yet to master the dinner-bell.  Sorry.  I mean the triangle.  I keep doing that. 

I think I keep calling the triangle the "dinner-bell," because I watched a Western one day, and they had a great big dinner bell hanging on the front porch of the ranch house, and at dinner-time, they'd go out and ring that dinner bell, and yell out "Come to the table!" or something like that.  I think a dinner bell would enhance everything about my house, not the least, Mommy's cooking.  I think if I imagined I were a cowgirl on a ranch in the Old West, the food around here would make more sense to me.  And I could imagine that a lot more effectively with a dinner bell.  And before you ask, yes, a dinner bell WOULD accessorize quite harmoniously with a disco ball.  You bet it would!

Mine's maracas!  I just love 'em!
I'll hafta check the 'Zon for a dinner bell.  Maybe I can get a deal on a dinner bell-disco ball combo.  What do you think, Friends?

Boy, oh boy, was that ever a digression!  Wowza!  But it was sort of on-topic!  You've got to admit, it was kind of on-topic, while it was off-topic! 

Musical instruments.  We were talking about my musical instruments set.  I love the maracas.  The maracas are my favorite.  I think it's because the motion used to play them is much like that I use with a rattle.  I've been playing the rattle ever since I was very little!  The maracas make me feel good.  They make me feel like I know how to do something.  It's important to learn new things, but you hafta have some things you're good at naturally.

For me, that's the maracas.

Everybody has a maracas in their lives, that one thing they're just really darned good at.  It can turn a bad day around.  Big people, what you need to do is find your maracas and shimmy and shake and be happy!  That's what!  And remember.  Zoe loves you!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment