Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

Cinematic Conflict

Sometimes it's hard to know who to root for!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Monday to you!

Well, ya know, I'm a kid who loves the cinema.  I love all the great cinematic marvels made for Little Kids my age such as Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Trolls, Charlie Brown, Frozen, of course...

But the movie Ratatouille has me in a cinematic conflict, because I wanna root for Remy, the little rat that puts the "rat" in Ratatouille, but...

Well, Friends, we've had the displeasure of havin' a stowaway rat in our house a coupla times over the course of my life so far, and I've gotta say, it's a disgusting, terrifying experience, because common rats are dirty.  They carry disease.  The go to the bathroom all over and in everything.  they can chew electrical wires and ruin things, or even set a house on fire.

Rats are bad news, and they're pretty gross.  This is not encompassing pet rats that are maybe trained up and clean.

Anyways, in the movie Ratatouille, rats are misunderstood.  They're smart, and they shower off in the restaurant dishwasher.  They help Remy cook food.

But in real life, I don't want rats anywheres near food!

I don't know what to do, Friends.  I guess movies like Ratatouille put the "very" in "verisimilitude," which is a suspension of disbelief.  Separating the real world from the cinematic world.  Therein lies the crux of the cinematic conflict, Friends.

Anyways, I'll see ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment