Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Happy Boxing Day and Feast of Stephen!

I appreciate and celebrate ALL the holidays this time of year!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Monday the Day After Christmas to you!

So!  How was your Christmas?  Mine was GREAT!  And it's still going on!

On a related side-note, did you even know that today is a holiday called Boxing Day?  It's true.

Boxing Day nowadays is a day for shopping, watchin' sports on the television, and maybe gettin' some more presents.  It's a lot like the Day After Thanksgiving called Black Friday that we celebrate in America.

But because I'm always lookin' for a reason to celebrate, I'm really into learnin' more about Boxing Day and the places that celebrate it in earnest. 

Coincidentally, today is also St. Stephen's Day, or The Feast of Stephen you've heard about in the well-known Christmas Song "Good King Wenceslas."  The Feast of Stephen is a day of Good Will.

How about that, Friends? 

So I'm gonna letchya go for right now, Big People.  As you can see, Christmas might have come and went yesterday, but there's still a whole lotta celebratin' to do!  I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment