Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I Get By With A Little Rest

It's easier to be sunny when you're well-rested!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, ya know, you're gonna think I've been hacked, but I hafta tell ya, it's me, your very own pal Zoe.  But what I'm gonna say is shocking today.

Of course it is.  I have a complicated history with Sleep and Rest. I don't mind goin' to bed at night, to be sure.  But you know I usually resist my naps.  I hate to miss anything, and naps make me miss things. 

Thing of it is, I've been feelin' kinda ugly lately.  Just mean, mean, mean.  I've been mouthing back to Mommy and Daddy, but especially Mommy, and as you know, she blamed it on me watchin' the villains on PJ Masks.  Part of me thought maybe she was right, that maybe I was imitatin' the villains, because villains know how to get what they want, and they stand up for themselves, and I don't think those are unadmirable qualities.

But when I was in a Time-Out for tellin' Mommy she's ugly and I hate her and I wish she'd go live somewheres else, I really got to thinking about it, and I don't think that even the villains on PJ Masks would say those kindsa things to their Mommies. I got to thinking about why I was saying those things, and what I realized is that it had been quite a while since I had a good nap.

Sure enough, I got mouthy again, and Mommy took me up to my room for a nap.  I fought with her about it for a while, but then I fell asleep and something magical happened- when I woke up, I didn't feel quite so ugly anymore!  I didn't wanna tell Mommy she was ugly and that I wish she'd go live somewheres else!  It felt kinda good to have taken a nap!

So the next day, I took a nap, too, and woke up feelin' even more like myself!  I've been takin' a nap every day, and now I don't feel the least bit mean and ugly.  How about that?!  When Mommy and I have our differences, I get my point across with a withering look, but no name-calling!  No telling Mommy I wish she'd go live somewheres else!  (Besides, I think Mommy was starting to think going to live somewheres else sounded pretty good, given my attitude.)

Now I realize I'm a kid who still needs naps, and there's nothing wrong with that.  I'm glad I got to the bottom of this before I said something to get myself put in Time-Out until I leave for college!


No comments:

Post a Comment