Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

When Good Television Goes Bad

I learn from ALL the television shows I watch!
Hiya, Friends! 

Well, ya know, I love my television shows.  Back in the day, I watched only Daniel Tiger and Sesame Street.  To this day, Mommy tries to limit my television watching to shows I learn from, like the Octonauts, which teaches me about sea creatures and teamwork, and Doc McStuffins, which teaches me about medicine in a way that I think is really engaging and age-appropriate, and Sheriff Callie's Wild West, which teaches me all kindsa things like how to get along with people, to bring a little bit of Nice-N-Friendly Corners to my necka the woods.  Then there's the life lessons from Curious George and The Berenstain Bears.

Heck, Mommy and I even agree on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  They do counting and colors and they work together on that show.

Thing of it is, some shows I wanna watch, and Mommy won't let me, because she says they don't have any learning value.

Namely, I'm mad because she won't let me watch a really great show called PJ Masks.  The PJ Masks are a group of kids who are superheroes in the night, and they work together as a team to solve problems.  It's VERY educational, actually.  But Mommy says I can't watch PJ Masks because the villains on the show are "snotty," and after I watch the show, I'm "snotty" like the villains on the show.

Huh.

I guess if that's true, I DO learn something from PJ Masks, so Mommy's all wet, thinking it isn't an educational show.  How about that?!

Sometimes you grownups make zero sense, anyways.  You want us to learn, but only the stuff you think we should learn.  It's so confusing, trying to please you Big People!  It really is!

No comments:

Post a Comment