Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Everyday Adventures!

Hey! Friends!  Let's go adventuring!
Hiya, Big People!  How are you today?  Me?  I keep on keepin' on.  You know me.  I like to have at least some kind of adventure every day, if I can help it, and you know, once you get into an adventurous mindset, you can't help by have an adventure!

No, no!  It's true! 

Take, for example, a trip to the grocery store.  I know you Big People gripe about having to go to the grocery store, because for you, it's a giant chore, and everything costs so much, and it isn't much fun, and blah, blah, blah.

Seriously.  That's what you Big People sound like when you get going on things you don't like or that you don't like to do.  Take a listen to yourselves next time you start up, and see if I'm not right. 

Anyway, back to the grocery store.  For you, it's drudgery, for me, it's a wondrous cave of wonders, just waiting to be explored!

Nah! We don't need a compass! We'll be fine!
It starts right the minute I ride through the door in the shopping cart!  I see all kindsa people I've never seen before, and some of them are pretty normal, and some of them are Really Different!  I like watchin' the Really Different ones the best.  They're the most interesting.

Somedays, it's the foods themselves at the grocery store that provide me with entertainment on my adventure!  For instance, some cheese has holes in it, and other cheese is blue or green!  How about that?! (I LOVE the blue kind!)

Or for Pete's Aches, the bread aisle!  There's so many different kinds of breads!  White, whole wheat, oat, potato, breads with seeds on 'em, breads that are flat, round breads, square breads!  You just never know what you're gonna see!

At my grocery store, the produce section is an adventure all of its own!  There are fruits and vegetables from all the way around the world there.  But even just the regular ones are interesting.  I like look at the shapes and colors.  Isn't it funny how two fruits can be the same shape, or two vegetables can be the same color, but they don't taste anything alike?

If you're not tryin' to get anywhere, you can't get lost, right, Rozz?
Now, I don't eat cereal myself.  I've told you all about the constant and ongoing battle between Mommy and me about what kind of Cheerios to buy.  I say the ones with the friendly little bumble bee on the box, and Mommy insists on buying the plain Cheerios, so I've just quit all cereal in protest.  But the cereal aisle is quite an adventure, with all those brightly-colored boxes, and those cool cartoon characters!  I like to ride through the cereal aisle, just to say 'Hiya!' to all those characters sometimes!

Adventure is all in the way you frame it up in your mind, Friends!  If you're looking for adventures, you'll find 'em, and I think life is a lot more fun when there are adventures to be found!  That's for darn-tootin' sure!  So I choose Adventure!  How about that?!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  Go out there and try to have at least one adventure today!  You'll be surprised at how much fun it is!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment