Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Today Is A Present!

Hey, Friends!  When's the last time you counted your blessings?
Hiya, Friends!  Guess what!  It's Thursday!  Thursdays are as good a day as any to celebrate just bein' alive, don'tchya think?  I sure think so! 

I think it's important to take time to just be happy to be alive, every so often, because it's so easy to get all wrapped up in the fog of everyday takin' care of business and forget to be happy to have breath in your lungs.  It's easy to forget how lucky we are.

It's a really good week for me to stop and reflect on how lucky I am, because on Monday, I turned Two Years Old.  That was something.  Then on Tuesday, I visited my doctor.  I'm doin' GREAT, by the way, but it really hit home with me, because up 'til now, I've been used to going to the doctor every coupla months.  I thought this last six-month stretch was a long one, but I don't go back for another whole year!  I'm happy to be healthy, but I'm sad I don't get to see my doctor for a whole year!  But I'm really happy to be healthy.

I don't have a sunburn! That's something to smile about!
Sometimes, I get to thinking about other little kids I hear about who hafta go to the doctor a lot, or who hafta stay in hospitals for a long time, and it makes me feel sad.  It makes me wish I could hug 'em and make it all better. 

I had to have my finger poked the other day, to check whether I'm leaded or unleaded (turns out I'm unleaded, but high-octane!  Hahahahahaha!), and it wasn't the most fun thing I've gotten to do, but then I remembered there's little kids and Big People who hafta poke their fingers every day, if not lotsa times a day.

I'm not bragging, Friends.  I'm just counting my blessings.  I saw a meme the other day that said "Be grateful for what you have, because what you take for granted, someone else longs for."  I've been thinking about that a lot.  Instead of thinking about what I don't have, I'm going to focus on all the positives I DO have.

Will ya bear with me?  I sure hope so!

If ya love icy peem, say 'Thank You Kindly!' to a farmer!
Today, I'm glad I got to wake up in the morning!  That sure was something!  I'm also grateful for my family, and for my dog Rozzie.  I feel lucky that I never hafta worry about there being enough food in the house for us.  I'm sure as heck glad that there's electricity and people who can fix it if it goes off!

I'm glad I get to live in a nice house that's warm in the winter and that keeps me from getting all sunburnt and crispy in the summer!  It's right next to a field where the farmers empty their farm pit, and sometimes it gets stinky here, but you know what?  I'm glad that farmer's there, because they grow food and they have cows that they milk, and you can't have icy peem without milk!  I guess you could have Tofutti without milk.  But I like icy peem!

I'm glad I get to check in every day with you, Friends!  It's good to know I'm not the only one riding this blue marble around the fireball in the middle of our solar system.  That'd be LONELY!

Friends, if you haven't taken the time to do it lately, maybe pause a little bit today and count your blessings.  Write it down if you need to.  List the reasons why you're lucky, then look over your list and believe it.  I'm not trying to be preachy, but I'm trying to help you feel like you have a smile in your heart.  It feels really good! 

All right, Friends!  I'm gonna letchya go.  Today's a present, and it's THE present!  That's a big deal!  I love ya!  And I'll see ya tomorrow, which I'm grateful for, and tomorrow's Friday, which is its own reason to jump up and say "WAHOO!"  I could go on and on with feeling gratitude, Friends! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment