Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Dijon Ketchups!

I think people in the 90s were weird.
Hiya, Friends!  I recently listened to a song that mentioned Dijon Ketchups, and that they'd be really fancy and expensive.  This caught my ear, because I happen to love ketchup.  I fancy a good Heinz, myself.  Hunt's will do in a pinch.  And for me, that's about the whole world of ketchup, so when I heard in this song about Dijon ketchups, I was intrigued.  Is there such a thing?

Of course, I consulted the Internet, because the Internet knows everything.  I found out that while there isn't really any such thing as Dijon ketchup, ketchup IS something that you can make at home, if you wanna. 

Ummm, if you're into that sort of thing, that's great.  For me, I love my Heinz, so I don't feel the need to make my own ketchup, but I DO love to see what kinds of things taste good with ketchup!

My favorite classic combo is French fries and ketchup.  You just can't go wrong there.  Ketchup on a hamburger or a cheese burger is a close second.  And Friends, I love meatloaf.  I love that meatloaf's easy for me to chew, and that it comes with a gloss of ketchup up on top.

But anybody who appreciates ketchup is okay in my book!
Then there are new combinations I found out about while doing my online research that I never woulda thought of on my own!  You can mix up some ketchup and mayo for a different sauce, or you can make ketchup spicy with a little Red Hot Sauce in it. 

I love spicy things!

I still can't help but wonder about the Dijon ketchup, though.  If those singers could think of such a thing, why can't the ketchup makers come up with it for the real world? Also, another question I hafta ask is was everybody weird in the 1990s, for a group to come up with something like Dijon ketchup, just for a song, or was the weirdness isolated to just certain segments of the population?

Either way, all this talk about ketchup has me all hungry, so I'm gonna go find a ketchup-based snack.  You can do so, too, if you wanna, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment