Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Win, Lose, or Draw

I'm drawing "Vacation" for my team.  I drew the Alps!
Hiya, Friends! 

I work in a great office.  We have a Fun Committee here at The Daily Zoe (oddly enough, I didn't get picked to be on the Fun Committee, but I'm not holdin' grudges!)  and the Fun Committee got the GREAT idea to have a Win, Lose, or Draw tournament!  Boy, was it ever fun!  I love to draw, and I love to win!

The fun thing about a Win, Lose, or Draw tournament is that you really get to see different sides of your co-workers.  For instance, I had no idea my friend Penelope the Pink Giraffe had such a competitive streak!  Or that Sabretooth is quite a drawer!  I knew he could throw a T-shirt like it's his job... maybe because it is... but I had no idea he can DRAW!  And Pinky is a great guesser!

"IS IT AMBULANCE?! SAY IT'S AMBULANCE!"
With a lineup like that, you would think that my team woulda been unbeatable, but we didn't win the tournament!  Really!  It's okay.  I'm not overly disappointed.  The game just wasn't with us.  We just had trouble getting all on the same wavelength, if you wanna know what really went wrong. 

Well, for instance, I had "Vacation" on one of my turns to draw.  So I drew a BRILLIANT Alpine scene (in the picture above), with the Alps, and a lake, and skiing, because everybody thinks of "Alpine Vacation" when they think of "Vacation," but apparently not my team!

They guessed Shark Teeth, Jaws, Can Opener (?!), Candy Corn, and TPS Reports.  I could kind of see that one.  When Management runs our TPS Reports, sometimes the graph the data generates makes kind of an Alpine-looking line.

None of us still knows what the heck the TPS reports are getting at, though.  We all just admire the shapes the graphs make.

We didn't win the tournament, but we got to keep our markers!
Back to the Win, Lose, or Draw tournament, though.  Now, when EmmaLee was drawing, I coulda sworn she was drawing Ambulance.  She drew a box, with a spiral going around and around it, and the box had wheels, and a light on top of it.  So I kept shouting "AMBULANCE!!!" and wondering why EmmaLee didn't stop drawing and everybody say "Yay, Zozie!"

It turned out that EmmaLee wasn't drawing Ambulance at all.  She was drawing Triscuits. 

I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Oh, well!  It was fun just to play the game!  It was fun just to get to be in the tournament, and even though my team didn't win, we DID get to keep our markers!  That's better anyway, because you can't write on walls with a trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment