Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

I'm TWO!

This is me on the very day I was born!
Hiya, Big People!  Today's a Big Day for me!  Today's the day I turn Two Years Old!  By the time you read this, I will already have turned Two.  Back when I was a pre-baby, I knew I wanted to arrive as early in the day on my birthday as possible, so I could have as close to twenty-four hours of birthday as I could have.

I did all right on that!  All's I lack is a half an hour and a little change, but I figure I'm sleeping during that part of the day, anyway, so well done, Me!

If you were to ask me how my first two years have gone, I'd hafta say pretty great.  I love being here.  I love my family.  I love my Big White Dog.  I love my house.  I love going places and seeing new things.  I have a really great life.  I really mean that!

When I think back to my very first birthday, it amazes me to think of how very little I could do for myself.  I couldn't talk.  I pretty much just slept and ate.  Mostly slept.  I remember sleeping in a plastic box in the hospital room, and people kept picking me up and hugging me.

I liked being hugged a lot!  I still do, when I'm not on the move, and moving wasn't something I was awfully good at on my very first birthday, either, when you get right down to it.  Couldn't even roll over on my own.  Isn't that crazy to think about?  Plus, I had to ride around in the car, facing the back.

This is me when I turned One!
Now, last year, when I turned One Year Old, that was a different story from my Very First Birthday.  For starters, I wasn't in the hospital.  I was at my very own house, in my very own room when I turned One.  I could stand right the heck up in my crib, even though I wasn't walking around yet.  But standing up is a big improvement from having to lie there in a plastic box and wait for somebody to pick you up!  And I got to eat CAKE when I turned One!  Cupcakes, to be exact!  Oh my goodness.  The first time I bit into that chocolatey cakey goodness, topped off with sweet, sweet icing, I knew my life was never going to be the same!

Last year, when I turned One, I crawled around lots.  I still fell for that wall Mommy put up around my office.  In fact, I didn't mind it much.  Having my play area enclosed made me feel safe. 

You know what finally annoyed me to all get-out, though, Friends?  Riding, facing where I'd already been instead of where I was going.  So it was a Big Deal when I finally got to turn around in the car and see where I was going!  I've gone on some great trips, and I've gotten to see almost every single mile of 'em!

Now I'm two!
But now I'm Two.  I think Two's gonna be pretty great.  I can already do things I wasn't able to do last year at this time.  I'm playing with Play Doh (and I know not to eat it!), I'm stringing beads onto a pipe cleaner, I'm drawing on white boards.  I fingerpaint.  I couldn't do all those things, this time last year.  Heckle and Jeckle, Friends, I couldn't even walk, for Pete's Aches!  That didn't happen until the middle of October for me.  So I'm pretty sure this year in October, I've gotta do something Big.  It's pretty hard to top walking for the first time, but I'm going to find something to top it. 

Today, though, I'm gonna just enjoy being Two.  This is going to be a big year for me, I just know it.  I'm going to get to try all kinds of new foods.  I'm especially looking forward to eating peanut butter!  I've heard so much about it, but I had to wait until now.  I think I might get a peanut butter sandwich in the cafeteria today, Friends.  I think I just might!

Have a great day today, Friends.  I know I will!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment