Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ask Wednesday

Nobody really wanted to send in any epic questions for Ask Wednesday.
Hiya, Friends!  Well, once again, it's Ask Wednesday!  How about that?! 

What's Ask Wednesday, you ask?  Well, it's the day after Fact Tuesday when we get to ask questions and get answers!

Unfortunately, Ask Wednesday hasn't quite caught on.  It's too bad, because I was lookin' forward to seein' what people would ask.  I was lookin' forward to seein' what we'd find out. 

But I'm never one to let the reality of a situation get me down, Friends!  I'm not!  So I decided to make up some questions of my own for Ask Wednesday, and I think they're doozies!
...So I made some up!  Haaaaaa!

I'd like to ask about that Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe (OWWLIAS).  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that she had so many children she didn't know what to do.  That isn't my question.  I wanna hear more about this shoe?  What kind of shoe was it?  Was it a ballet flat?  Was it a stiletto?  Was it a cowboy boot?  In shoe-house terms, which shoe plan would constitute a ranch-shoe-house?  I mean, the ballet flat would be all on one floor like a ranch house, but the cowboy boot is what they wear on actual ranches, at least in my mind.
Something tells me you wouldn't wanna wear a pair of ballet flats around a ranch.  Seems like a recipe for disaster, either because you'd step in something, step on something, or drop something on your foot.  I'd definitely wanna wear cowboy boots to the ranch.  But the cowboy boots have like a second and third floor in 'em, going up the tall part of the boot, and I read in the field guide to American architecture that ranch houses are definitely all on one level.

Maybe that OWWLIAS didn't live in either a cowboy boot or a ballet flat.  Maybe she lived in a sneaker.  That would be comfortable living right there, Friends.  EVA outsole, nice, supportive midsole.  Lotsa room for lotsa little kids to wiggle around in. 

I don't know, Friends.  I think the bedtime tale about the OWWLIAS doesn't give her the due she's due.  I really don't.  I think it was probably written by somebody who was jealous of her shoe.  Maybe it was somebody who was living in a flip-flop.  You'd have great views, but when it rains, it probably makes you wanna lash out and write that the owner of the nice sneaker down the road had so many kids, she didn't know what to do with 'em, so she'd spank 'em and send 'em to bed without their supper.  I bet they'd say such things to try to make that OWWLIAS feel bad about herself.

I'm not too shabby at makin' up my own questions!
I'll betchya those kids that lived in the shoe with the OWWLIAS were really happy!  I betchya they grew up being able to make a budget out of a shoestring!  I bet they got to enjoy shoestring-cut French-fried potatoes whenever they wanted 'em.  I betchya the only thing that got whipped in the OWWLIAS's shoe-house was the cream to go on toppa the sundaes they'd have for dessert!

What's my question, you're asking?

Well, what flavor of ice cream was their favorite sundae?  I'm kinda partial to any ice cream flavor, just so long as there's whip and a cherry on top. 

Hey, you know what, Friends?  I'll see ya tomorrow.  Tomorrow is just Thursday.  Time to get back to business after Fact Tuesday and Ask Wednesday.  I don't have a fun theme in mind yet, but we'll see what comes up.  You never know when you'll be celebratin' with me, Friends! 

Anyway, I love ya a whole lot!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment