Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Time Travel Unravel

Nah.  I don't know what the heck day it is.
Hiya, Friends!  Happy... What day is it?  I'm really not sure.  I've been all mixed up all week.  On Sunday, I wasn't sure whether it was Saturday or Sunday.  I was disappointed to learn it was Sunday indeed.  Not that I have anything against Sundays, really, but I spent the whole day thinking it was Saturday, so it was kind of a bucket of ice water down my back to realize that it was actually Sunday.

Especially since I didn't realize it was Sunday until I got up from my nap.

Boy, that kind of thing stinks.  Not because I have anywhere to be on Monday,  but because my Daddy does have to go to work on Mondays.

You see, I just have more fun when Daddy's around.  When Daddy's here, I get bubblebaths.  Real, honest-to-goodness bubblebaths, not those half-hearted plain-water-with-bubblebath-solution-squirted-in-as-an-afterthought baths that Mommy tries to pass off as bubblebaths.
Um, I don't know.  It feels like Tuesday to me. 

When Daddy's home, he makes me pancakes.  I LOVE pancakes.  Mommy says she doesn't wanna make me pancakes through the week because she wants 'em to be a special treat on the weekend, but I suspect it's just because Mommy's lazy.  Daddy's not lazy!  He cooks me pancakes and eggs and bacon!

When Daddy's home, sometimes we go on adventures, and when we're out on adventures, I get to eat in restaurants and skip my nap!  I love eating in restaurants and skipping my nap!

See?  When Daddy's around, it's just better.  So you can imagine my chagrin when I realized late on Sunday that it was not Saturday as I thought it was, but indeed, Sunday. 

Anyway, Monday arrived like it always does, and I got up and didn't mind it too bad, and then halfway through my bath, I decided I didn't want it to be Monday.  Can you relate, Friends? 

Wanna hear the kicker?  It's felt like Tuesday to me all three days this week!
Mommy said I couldn't just decide that I didn't want it to be Monday and have it stop being Monday, and you know how Mommies are about just ruining everything.  You know how Little Kids love being told their Mommies aren't gonna change the day of the week for them.  For us.

I'm so mixed up on what day it is that I don't even know which person to write this post in, Friends!  I'm all over the place: First, Second, and Third!  If there were a Fourth Person, I'd be writing in that, too!  And now I'm wondering what Fourth Person could be!

Monday just stunk like last Thursday's garbage, though, Friends.  I was glad to see it come to an end (after a Good Fight before bed, of course.  Skippin' the Good Fight before bed after a day like Monday was is poor form.)

So it IS Thursday?!?!  Thank ya, Lordie!
Tuesday came along, and it was a lot better.  I got to see my cousins that I haven't seen in a while.  I sure like those kids!  They're so much fun!  I got to eat birthday cake! 

Thingofitis, I thought all day Tuesday that it was Wednesday.  I really did.  Until I heard some guy on the radio in the Jeep say that it was Tuesday.  Whaaaaaaat?

But here's the real kicker to this whole situation.  All day yesterday, I thought it was Tuesday.  I even greeted everyone on my Facebook picture-show as though it was Tuesday.  One of Mommy's friends corrected us and said "It's Wednesday!" 

Boyoboyoboy!

Sometimes I don't know sic'em from come here, Friends, and this week, I didn't know what the heck day we were on.  But it's Thursday.  It's Thurs "Tomorrow's Friday" day!  That's just the greatest!

I'm gonna call today "Thank the Lawdie, It's Thursday!!!" Thursday!

The only thing I can say that has messed me up so much on what day it is would hafta be the recent switch from Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time.  Yes, I'm still talking about the Time Change.

I think our Time-Travel has made me wanna hafta unravel!

Hahaha!

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends.  It'll be Friday!  I'll remember, because I'm stickin' a post-it note up where I can see it!  Okay!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment