Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Startin' Is The Hardest Part!

Oh, Coffee, you're my best friend.  You're my only friend!  I love you!
Hiya, Friends!  Happy Sunday to you! 

Hey.  Have you ever had one of those mornings where you're just kinda tired'n'blobby, and you feel like you look like this?

<------------------------------
Better add some more Dark Roast!











Boy, I sure do, Friends!  Except my tired and foggy time comes in the afternoon.  And when I'm foggy like that, I can get kinda snarly and mean.  You know, one time, when I felt all tired and growly for a patcha days in a row, I switched places for an afternoon with Gert Grizzly.  She's a grizzly bear that works in the Central Receiving Department, and her name is not figurative. She growls and snarls at everybody, and even Sour Girl is afraid of her!

Gettin' started is the hardest part of gettin' out of a funk!
Sour Girl!

Anyway, the thing of it is, that afternoon when I switched places with Gert, my friends-n-coworkers said they didn't even realize it wasn't me and that it was Gert Grizzly, except I seemed much furrier than usual.

Ouch!

I guess that's what bein' tired 'n' grouchy will getchya! You can switch places with an actual grizzly bear, and nobody notices!

So I've put a plan in place to make sure that doesn't happen again.  Does my Pottery Barn Kids Coffeemaker feature in that plan?  Well, yes, because that gets me started and the startin' is the hardest part. 

I smile whether I feel like it at first or not!
But more importantly, to keep myself from feelin' tired'n'grouchy, I try to get enough sleep.  Night time and naptime.  I know, I've railed against naps in the past, but I'm starting to come over to the grownup way of thinking: Naps are just tops.

Next, to ward off a bad mood, I put a smile on my face, whether I feel like it or not.  Call me crazy, but this really helps me get into a good frame of mine.  It really helps give me a spirit-lift when I'm feelin' down.  Just makin' my face muscles work against gravity makes a huge difference!

Do a little dance!
Next, I start dancing.  Friends, whether you consider yourself a "dancer" or not, movin' and gettin' your heart pumpin' is a surefire way to lift your spirits a little bit, make you feel energized, and will go a ways in making sure that smile you put on your face whether you feel like it or not starts feeling more real.

What I find that works especially well is shakin' my tail-feathers, you know?  You know what I mean, Friends?  Just a little shake-shake-shake.  Shakin' those tail-feathers.  Steppin' side-to-side.  Gettin' my arms into it.

Dancin's good for your soul!
Believe it or not, I'm not a dancer, Friends.  I don't strive for perfect lines or flawless execution or fancy choreography.  I'm just in it for the fun.  And really, Friends, unless you're trying to win a mirror-ball trophy, that's what you should aim for, too.  Just fun.

I'm so glad I got started dancin today!
Don't worry if people are watchin' ya.  If ya feel like you're bein' watched, and you ARE bein' watched, go right over to the watchers, and get them to dance with you.  Don't give 'em a choice.  They can't record you on their little camera-phones if they're shakin' around, themselves!  They can't.  It'll be all shaky!  And if they won't dance with you, if they know you know they were watching, and you invite them to dance with you, and they don't wanna, chances are, they're gonna slink away and not watch you anymore. 

You know, that's their loss.  That's their hangup.  Don't let it bug you for a minute, Friends!

You can make yourself happy.  Gettin' started is the hardest part, and I know you can do it, Friends!  I love ya bunches!  Smile!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment