Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Feelin' Blue? Build Something!

Hiya, Friends!  You feelin' okay today?  Feelin' a little glum?
Hiya, Friends!  How are you doin' on your Monday? 

It can be a little bit hard to get started on a Monday, can't it?  It can be a little hard sometimes to get in a good mood after a weekend.  Especially a weekend like this one.  If you're a Sabres fan, you know what I'm talking about.

What a weekend.

If you're not, it's okay.  Just imagine an emotional roller-coaster that's been pulled up by a tornado, spun around inside the vortex high above the earth, and then sent in a free-fall into a bottomless chasm.  That's kind of what it's been like.
When you're glum, BUILD SOMETHING!

So if you're feelin' glum today for any reason, I get it.  I get it a lot.

But, it's time to move on.  It's time to turn this bummer-bus around. 

You know what I do when I'm all bummed out and glum? 

I build something!

It's true! 

There's nothing as satisfying as hammering nails into a Fisher Price building set, when you're all glum and worked up over something. 

I'd build something real like a neat table to set my Fisher-Price building set on, but the adults in my life won't let me handle a real hammer and nails, which is a shame, because this girl has some good ideas!

There!  I'm feelin' all better!  How 'bout 'chyoo, Friends?!  How 'bout 'chyoo?!
But, instead of focusing on what I'm not allowed to do, I try to focus on the things I CAN do, and I CAN build the heck out of my building set, and it makes me feel so great!

What's your building set, Friends?  What do you do to pull yourself out of the doldrums? 

You don't hafta literally build, if that isn't your thing.  You can go for a walk or do some yoga or other kind of exercise, or you can cook, or watch a funny show or listen to some good music. 

Truth is, life is too short, Friends, to be in the doldrums.  And you know what?  I love ya.  I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!  I'll see ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment