Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Show Me the Monies!

So what was up with the pet store, Big People?
Hiya, Friends!

On a recent trip to the Arnot Mall, I told Mommy and Daddy that I wanted to see the monies, and they said I could.  This was exciting stuff for me.  I cannot stress enough how exciting, Friends!

Well, they parked up by Sears, and Mommy said something about how I needed changed, blah, blah, blah, so into the ladies' room I went, the whole time telling her I was ready to see the monies.  She said that's where we were going next.

Except that isn't where we were going next.  I got sidetracked.  They had a Bowflex in the exercise shop in the Sears, and I wanted to try it out, along with the treadmill and a coupla exercise bikes.  Then I remembered myself.

"I wanna go see the monies!" I said to Mommy and Daddy.

"Okay!" they said, and we walked through the Sears store. 

Mommy tried to distract me with a stop at some pretty dresses with sparkles on them.  She said something about Easter.  I'm not interested in dry-clean only, Toots.  I'm an active gal, and I like to look pretty but also be washable, so I can PLAY, and I expect nothing less from my Easter dress.  So I said I'd take a pasaroo on Easter apparel from Sears, and could we PLEASE go visit the monies?!

We left the Sears, walked past Auntie Anne's and the tattoo parlor.  A tattoo parlor in the mall kinda makes me go 'hmmmmm?' but that's probably a topic of inquiry best saved for another day.  I still haven't wrapped my head around it enough to formulate anything more coherent than a 'what?'

We walked to the end of that mall hall, and I found myself at the pet shop, where they have a whole buncha bunnies.

What?

Right here's where I wanna be!
So I played along.  I stood at the cage where the bunnies were playing, and said "Bunnies!" and Mommy and Daddy thought this was where I wanted to go.  Mommy asked me why I wasn't more excited about the bunnies, and I just shrugged and wandered over to the display of grooming tools.  Rozzie likes me to keep an eye on new grooming tools I see when we're out and about, so I can give her a warning on what might be turning up at the house, so she and I can form a good game plan for making sure those grooming tools disappear.

"Well, I guess we're ready to go?" Daddy said to me, after a few minutes of me not looking at the bunnies.

"Weird," Mommy said as I led them down the big mall hall.  "All we heard about the whole trip was that she wanted to see the bunnies, and she just snubbed them."

"Who understands two-year-olds?" Daddy said.

I know who obviously DOESN'T understand two-year-olds, Friends.  My two Big People.  That's who.

We walked down the Sears spur of the mall, and past Burlington Coat Factory and the Cookie place. 

Something I've noticed about that cookie place is how Mommy never will stop there, because she says she can make better chocolate chip cookies than the Great American Cookie Company can... and yet she never does.  Mommy, if you really CAN bake great cookies, I wanna taste-test!  Put your home-baked cookies where my mouth is!  Otherwise, let me stop and order one of those big cookies for my very own!  They smell delicious!

I guess we were on our way to the Friendly's, but I didn't really care.  I saw where I wanted to go just as soon as we got past the watch kiosk.  Right there in the middle of the mall, in glorious chlorinated and sparkling glory, were the monies I'd wanted to see all along. 

You see, there's this beautiful fountain right there, and people throw change into that fountain.  This fascinates me!  I've mentioned that I'd like to have a fountain like this of my very own, for people to toss their unwanted change into.  I'd be happy to adopt their pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters!  So this fountain in the mall really is a must-see, every time I go.  I like to wave at all those monies.  I like to tell it I think it's doin' a great job, being sparkly and lovely.  I like to see if there's lots, or if they've just recently emptied out the fountain. 

Hiya, Monies!
That's what I wanted to see that day, Friends.  The monies.  But Mommy and Daddy thought I wanted to see the bunnies.  And like I said, the bunnies were cute and all, but I'm pretty sure bunnies wouldn't be too popular with Rozzie.  She seems to like being the only fuzzy in our house. 

I guess if you're wondering what I'd do with all the monies in my fountain like the one in the mall, I'd probably buy hearing testing for Mommy and Daddy, to make sure they can hear their Ms from their Bs.  Monies, Bunnies... They sound alike, but they're different concepts.  At the very least, I'd buy 'em a book for how to understand their two-year-old.  I mean, really, Friends.

At least YOU understand me!  I love the heck right out of you for that, Friends!  I really do! 

I'll be seein' you tomorrow, mmmmkay?  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment