Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Campaign to Put Up the Christmas Tree

Well, in Canada, the hotels are decorating for Christmas RIGHT NOW!
Well, Friends, the Halloween Hullabaloo is all over, and as much as I love Halloween and its hullabaloo, now that it's all over, I feel kinda sad and let-down.  I'm ready for the next holiday.

Now, Mommy and Daddy flipped out all over me for even suggesting this, but I thought we could go ahead and get the Christmas tree out of the attic, and get it decorated up.  I thought we could get some Christmas lights for outside our house, and get them strung up.

Like I said, though, that suggestion caused Mommy and Daddy to be apoplectic with lividness.

They said we have to wait until the Day After Thanksgiving to get the Christmas tree out of the attic.

I didn't think my suggestion was so out of line, because it's warmer now that it'll probly be on the Day After Thanksgiving.  Wouldn't you think Mommy and Daddy would wanna get crackalackin' on outside decorations while it's warmer, instead of when it gets cold?

Well, I would think so, too.

Plus, I got to lookin' online, and I see that some of the big hotels up in Niagara Falls in Canada are already puttin' up their Christmas decorations, on accounta they've already had their Thanksgiving Day and they don't have to worry about damaging that holiday's sensibilities by fast-forwarding to Christmas.  They can just get a head-start on their Christmas finery!

Now, don't get me wrong.  I don't dislike Thanksgiving, but as far as Thanksgiving decorations go, there just isn't much going on.  Not when you're comparing them to the wonderfully spooky decorations of Halloween, or the festive decorations of Christmas.  Maybe if the turkeys could come out with some sparkly tailfeather-themed decorations, or neon cornucopias, I'd get more excited about Thanksgiving decorations!

Well, Friends, I'll see ya tomorrow.  I'm gonna go see if I can't pull at least one of the Christmas trees down outta the attic! 

I love ya lots, Friends!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment