Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Cheese O'Clock Somewhere!

I'm pretty much a cheese connoisseur!
Hiya, Friends!  You may or may not know this about me, but I love cheese. 

My favorite cheese is Extra Sharp Cheddar by Helluva Good.  Part of me likes it because when I ask for it, I feel like I'm getting away with saying something I shouldn't, but most of me likes it because it's just delicious.

Sometimes, people try to pass off Monterey Jack cheese onto me.  That cheese is okay, if I won't get any cheese if I turn it down, but mostly, I find the flavor of Monterey Jack kinda extremely mild (bland) and the texture kinda blobby.  I like the bite Helluva Good Extra Sharp Cheddar has.

Now, I guess it's quite unusual, but not for me, on accounta it's my life, but I love bleu cheese.  I understand Little Kids generally don't like bleu cheese.  I don't understand why.  I think it's delicious!  It's nice and tangy, and colorful!  I love to dip celery and carrots in bleu cheese!

I also like cottage cheese, sure.  It isn't really all that glamorous, but it pairs nicely with a variety of foods like fruit.  Sometimes, it's more important to be a team player than it is to be a standout, and I think cottage cheese really gets that, Friends.  In a similar vein, I like ricotta cheese as well, because you can whip ricotta cheese and it can be like butter, or like dessert, or just a delightful whippiness.

String cheese makes me happy because it's so portable, and I can eat it by stringing off pieces of it, or I can just bite the stick of cheese.  You just can't get better than eatin' cheese that's in the shape of a stick!  And I was startled to learn that string cheese is usually the same kind of cheese they put on pizza, except pizza cheese is usually shredded, unless they're usin' the mozzarella squares on accounta them bein' a highfalutin pizza making establishment.  But I've gotta admire that kind of versatility.  Also, my best pal Rozzie likes string cheese... she likes most other kindsa cheeses, too, but you oughtta see her go crazy for string cheese!

Well, you know, I could really take or leave cream cheese.  I don't really have anything against it, but you kinda hafta have cream cheese on something else, or as part of something else, like cheesecake.  There's nothing wrong with that, but I like to just have cheese.  I just haven't gotten into cream cheese yet.

I don't know a little kid anywhere who doesn't like Kraft Singles. 

So I don't care what people might tell ya, Friends.  There's no politically-correct time to eat cheese.  It's cheese o'clock somewhere in the world, and there's a cheese to meet all your snacking needs, no matter the time of day!

I love ya lots, Friends!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment