Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Jan Brady of Holidays

Well, technically, this IS kinda unique to Thanksgiving...
Hiya, Friends!  Hey.  I know it's the Twenty-Fifth of the Month, and I usually give you a countdown to how many more Month Twenty-Fifths there are until Christmas.  (There's one, BTDubs.  One, and it's this one, because next twenty-fifth will BE Christmas!) 

But I promised this week that I'd focus not on the Major December Holiday that I love and look forward to from New Year's Day onward every year, but on what makes Thanksgiving special.  I promised to talk about what's unique to Thanksgiving.

But it's the Twenty-Fifth of the Month.  And I ALWAYS think of Christmas on the Twenty-Fifth of the Month.  That presents me with a Conundrum today, Friends.

You know what, though.  This very thing is another thing that's pretty unique to Thanksgiving.  Why?  Well, because Thanksgiving is a really great holiday.  It really is- you get a feast.  You get to spend time with family.  There's a PARADE!  There's PIE, far as the eye can see!  Thanksgiving! ... But no matter how amazing Thanksgiving is, we're all kinda distracted, lookin' toward gettin' the Christmas decorations out and up.  Plannin' Christmas shoppin' trips.  Deciding what cookies are gonna be baked for Christmas.

There ya have it, Friends.  Today, my thing that's unique to Thanksgiving is that Thanksgiving is like the Jan Brady of the holidays.  You can kinda see all the holidays sittin' around their holiday table, and Thanksgiving has a conniption fit and just shouts "All I ever hear about is Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!" and then she throws a dinner roll and storms off.

I'll see ya tomorrow, Friends!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment