Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

A Whole Lotta Commercials

I saw a buncha commercials and not a lotta parade.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you!

Well, ya know, Friends, there was a parade on the television I've been lookin' forward to watchin' for months now.  You mighta heard of it.  The dang ol' Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I was so excited about listenin' to the big marching bands and seein' all the balloons of my fravrite cartoon characters and such, and you know what it turned out to be?  A buncha boring people singing on stages in theatres, then they'd show a balloon, the talking heads would talk, talk, talk about how they're Cali girls or Cali boys or whatever, but they LOOOOOOOOOVE New York City on Thanksgiving, because of the parade, but they weren't even lookin' at the parade.

And then they'd go to commercial.

Friends, there were more minutes of commercials than anything else, and then the dumb people hosting the parade just talked over everything.

So the point is that the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on television was kind of a bust for me.  I got bored halfway through and went back to my bedroom to play with my toys.  I think next year, I won't even turn on the television during the parade.  They need to reign in that rampant advertising, because when there's a steady torrent of it, even Little Kids who like to keep up with the latest in toys, stop payin' attention.

Friends, I'll see ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots!  Be yourself!  Don't be an advertisement!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment