Pages

Monday, November 14, 2016

When Ya Feel So Mad, Ya Wanna Roar...

Take a deep breath and count to FOUR!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Monday to you! 

Well, ya know, Big People, I keep an eye on the horizon and an ear to the ground, and I gotta say, you Big People are still an awful lot outta sorts.  Please don't let all this ugliness and drama be the "new normal," Friends.  If it were my people, the Little Kids, acting this way, would you Grownups condone such behavior?

No way! 

So in the spirit of bein' an Ambassador to the Big People from the Land of the Little Kids, allow me to offer you Big People some advice from my pal Daniel Tiger. 

When ya feel so mad ya wanna ROAR!
Take a deep breath! And count to four!
One, two, three, four!  Ahhh!  I feel BETTER!

It really works, Friends, and it keeps ya from saying or typing something you really wouldn't say or mean if your head was cooler.

Now, there might be times when countin' to four isn't gonna cut it, and Daniel Tiger has a song for that, too, although this one's to be used sparingly:

If ya don't get whatchya wa-ant,
Stomp three times!
And make yourself feel better!

See?  It acknowledges that ya hafta burn off your bad feelings, but in sucha way that you're not hurting someone else's property or making a scene of makin' a fool out of yourself.

These can be very frustrating times we live in, Big People Friends.  And you can bet that Daniel Tiger has a song to help you cope with your frustration, too.

When you're feelin' frust-er-ated,
TAKE A STEP BACK! 
And ask for help!

It really kinda works, Friends.  But you've gotta ask for help and be ready to take the help.  You can't ask for help and then get all mad at someone for tryin' to help you, but maybe gettin' it kinda wrong.  Help them help you.  If there's one thing I've learned in my life, it's that people like to be helpful.  They like to be reached out to and needed.

My great-grandpy would say "Be useful as well as ornamental," and I think he was right.  If you know you're useful, you're happier, Friends.  I know I am happier when I'm doing something like making someone smile!

So there ya have it, Friends.  Some tools for gettin' along from the Land of the Little Kids.  Put 'em in your emotional toolbox, mmmkay?  Think of me when ya use 'em!  And use 'em often!  I love ya lots!  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment