Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Little (Wo)Man with a Plan!

I'm mappin' my day all out in my head, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Tuesday to ya! 

Well, we're now less than forty-eight hours away from the Major Eating Holiday known as Thanksgiving.  This is not a day to take on without a solid, color-coded, well-thought-out plan written on the dry-erase white-board of your brain!  I mean, if ya just stumble onto Thanksgiving Day with no direction in mind, you'll be laid out on the sofa poppin' Alka-Seltzers by two-thirty!

We can't have that!

My Thanksgiving Day Plan is made up of the following: I am gonna get up early in the morning, get around, then wander downstairs to watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade on the dang ol' television.  After the parade's over, we're gonna hop in a vehicle and ride over to Gramma's house.  I know the traditional Thanksgiving carol states that the vehicle of choice for goin' to Gramma's is a horse and sleigh, but my Gramma lives eight miles away, and it's either gonna be cold or rainy on Thanksgiving or both, and even if it wasn't, we don't have a horse yet, so it would NOT know the way, as the song advertises.

At Gramma's house, I plan to play table-hockey and pendulum pool and Uno with Aunt Colleen.  We might bust out the Wii, too.  Who knows, really? 

Then.  When it's eatin' time, I plan to take just a little taste of turkey, stuffing, gravy, squash, potatoes, both kinds of cranberry sauce, maybe go back for some seconds on the stuffing and turkey, wash it down with a splasha milk, and save lotsa room for pie.  I haven't yet decided if I like whipped cream on my pumpkin pie or not.  I go either way on whip.

Then I'm gonna play some more games, and if I get hungry again and there isn't early-season Christmas fudge to enjoy, I'll wrangle and fenangle another piece of pie. 

I plan to party into the night, Friends!

See?  Don't head into Thanksgiving with no idea what you're gonna do.  Be a man or a woman with a play, like me.  Strategize.  You'll be so glad you did!

Hey.  I'll ketchup with ya tomorrow!  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment