Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Zoe's All Mix, No Trail Trail Mix

I'd like to try trail mix someday!
 Well, Friends, a few weeks ago, I learned that although I live an hour away from A Grand Canyon, I don't live near The Grand Canyon, which really sort of bummed me out, because I wanted to dress up in my Cowgirl Monkey dress and ride a donkey from the top of the Grand Canyon, to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, back to the top of the Grand Canyon.

The Grand Canyon near which I live, the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon, doesn't offer donkey rides, I understand.  Furthermore, I understand that you can hike from the top to the bottom to the top again, in an afternoon or less.  But it's too wintery to think of such a thing.

It's okay, I suppose.

But a big draw for me was the trail, because when you're on the trail, you get to eat trail mix.  I understand trail mix is pretty great.  You get granola, and raisins, and M&Ms, and peanuts, and anything else that gives you both quick and sustainable energy for the long hike ahead.

Well, I make my own trail mix, practicing for the day when I can go out on a real trail and eat real trail mix.  I guess you could say at the present time, I'm all mix, no trail.
To my knowledge, you don't actually need a trail to eat trail mix!

But my version of trail mix is easy, and it doesn't taste half-bad.  I just take any flavor of Gerber Puffs- I like 'em all, any flavor of Gerber Yogurt Melts- they remind me of astronaut ice cream!  And finally, I round out the mix with plain Cheerios, because what the heck.  Mommy bought the big double-box box of plain Cheerios, and I'm gonna be eating those things until I go to kindergarten, I have a sinking feeling.

So I just take my ingredients, put them in one of my snack cups with the swirly lid, mix it up, and voila.  Zoe's All Mix, No Trail Trail Mix.  It'd taste a whole lot better with different Cheerios other than the plain ones.  But the flavors from the Puffs and Yogurt Melts kind of pick up the flavor slack for the plain Cheerios.  That's an idea I can really get behind.

So for now, I'll enjoy my version of trail mix while I dream of the trail.
For now, I enjoy my All Mix, No Trail Trail Mix here in the office.  Helps me get through the day, helps me get through late nights at the office.  Helps me not get grouchy on the phone with customer service.

If you want to, you can try my recipe.  But if you're able to do your own grocery shopping, buy yourself a more interesting flavor of Cheerios than "plain," mmmmmkay, Friends?  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment