Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Back to the Future's Past Future

Your Future isn't written yet!
Hey, hey, Friends!  Happy Thursday to you!

Well, ya know, I really love the Back to the Future movies.  I think that Marty McFly is sucha relatable hero, Doc Brown is an excellent mentor for him, and the Delorean Time Machine is just the raddest ride this side of an AMC show!  I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart!

It really boggles my little mind, though, those Back to the Future movies.  Take the first one, for example.  Marty McFly almost erases his own existence, turns the big, mean bully Biff into Harvey Milquetoast, and then he goes back to the future and saves his friend Doc Brown from gettin' shot by the Libyans, effectively changing the whole entire course of history or something like that.

Well, think about all the things Marty changes about the Future when he comes back.  First of all, he killed one of old man Peabody's pine trees when he arrived in 1955.  So the Twin Pines Mall was known in 1985II as Lone Pine Mall.  Doc Brown was supposed to have perished in the Libyans' gunfire that night, but Marty goes back in time and tells him what happens, so Doc Brown wears a bulletproof vest under his radiation suit.  Doc Brown goes on to come to the Future, which is 2015, and he warns Marty that his kids grow up to be a buncha buttheads, and then he goes back in time to 1885 and finds a wife.  I mean if those fellas aren't messin' with the spacetime continuum, doing all that stuff, I don't know what they're doin'!

Unless Doc Brown was always going to have been warned by Marty about the Libyans, and he was always going to have put on a bulletproof vest before he set out for the mall that night. 

See, Friends?  It can get really mind-boggling, if you get to thinking about it energetically.  It really can.

One thing I especially loved, though, in the Back to the Future movies, is when Doc is on his magical time-traveling locomotive train, and he tells Marty that the Future isn't written yet, so it's fulla possibilities.  That really spoke to me.

You go ahead and have a great rest of your day, Friends.  And if you figure out how Marty and Doc got away with all the messin' around with the past and future that they did, let me know what you come up with.   I love ya lots, Big People!  I'll see ya tomorrow.  The Future hasn't been written yet, but our meet-up here on the interwebs is in my date book, and that's almost as good as havin' it written in pen in the Future.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment