Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Secret Life of Books!

I'm gonna start learnin' Classical Greek next week!
Friends, if you know me, you know that I love to read books of all kinds.

What I get to wonderin' about is what goes on after the official story ends. 

Specifically, I'm wondering if things ever get awkward when Goldilocks runs into the Three Bears when they're out and about around the forest they all call home.  I mean, it can't be that bigga place.  I bet they run into each other in the Fairytale GreenGrocer, or maybe the movie theatre.

It's gotta be awkward for everybody.  For Goldilocks, because she got caught bein' a big ol' mooch when the Three Bears weren't home.  And it's gotta be awkward for the Three Bears, too, runnin' into Goldilocks, on accounta she kinda did that whole breakin' and enterin' thing on their house, and she broke Baby Bear's chair. 

If that happened to me, and some dumb girl snuck into my house and ate my cereal and sat in my favorite chair and broke it, and then went up and slept in my bed... why, you can bet I'd wanna hafta bring it up every time I saw the same dumb girl.  Hey, Goldilocks!  Remember that time when you broke into my house and ruined my stuff?  We shoulda EATEN you!  That's what I'd wanna say.

So that's what I wonder when I finish readin' a book, Friends.  How it turns out after "The End."  Because "The End" is never really the end.  Ever.

Hey.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  I love ya lots, Big People!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment