Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Why I Talk About The Weather So Very Much

Small-talk gives me an emotional base-line on the person I'm visiting with!
Hiya, Friends!  I sure hope you're havin' a great weekend.  The weather's bein' good to us.  It's been a complete turn-around from the way the weekends were treatin' us earlier this summer. 

Well, heck.  They were either cold or rainy for the whole month of June, now, weren't they?! 

What's that?

Why am I always talking about the weather?  Well, why not? First of all, weather fascinates me.  I can't get over the wonder of watchin' a day go from cloudy-n-rainy to bright-n-sunny, just like That.

The other reason I talk about the weather a lot is that it's just small-talk, and contrary to what some of you Big People think, Small Talk isn't a waste of time or phony.  It's a way for me to get an emotional baseline on whomever I'm speaking with. 

You see, weather's something that most people don't get too excited about.  While we're hob-nobbin' on the subject of the clouds, I get to see if my talkin' partner runs angry, or sad, or neutral usually.  That way, when we get to talkin' about the really important stuff like which is better, the green marker or the yellow crayon, I can gauge how the person really feels about the conversation, based on how their words and mannerisms have changed, compared to our original start-versation about the weather.  How about that?!

Well, because I'm still kinda new around here, you know.  I'm still learnin'.  So yes, everything IS kind of a social experiment for me.  It should be for you, too, Big People.  There's always something new to learn.

Something that shouldn't be news to you, though, is that I love ya lots.  And I'll be seein' ya again, tomorrow!

Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment