Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Don't Throw A Fit About Fitness!

Practice makes perfect, Friends!
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Monday to you!

Well, ya know, bein' healthy is a big part of my life.  Learnin' new ways to exercise is one of my favorite hobbies!

That's why I'm startin' the day and the whole entire WEEK off, down in my gymnasium.  I think that if I start the week off by bein' active and doing something nice for my heart and lungs and muscles, the rest of my week will just go smoother.

Lotsa people say to me, "Zoe, I feel like sucha goof when I exercise, so I don't do it!"

To them I say, first of all, what's so wrong with bein' a goof?  I'm a goof, and I have so much fun in my life, because of it!  But if their complaint about feelin' like a goof really comes from maybe they don't feel very coordinated, or they're afraid the lacka coordination is gonna make 'em hurt themselves, then I really have something to work with.

Bear with me, Friends, and I'll tell ya why.

You see, all of us were beginners at a new thing, sometime.  We all looked and felt like goofs when we first started out.  I am an AWESOME aerobic dancer NOW, but when I first started, I tripped over my own feet so much, I had to remind myself to get outta my own way!  If I fell down too much, I just yelled "Ab Time!" and did some leg-raises insteadda the aerobics.  But I kept at it, and I got better-n-better, little by little, you know?  It's true.  Practice makes perfect, Friends!

And if you're rightfully afraid of hurtin' yourself, you start out small and gradual and make your way up to more advanced moves.  I don't think anybody oughtta be reachin' for the Really Big Weights or tryin' to box-jump on a super-tall box, just startin' out.  Just like I wouldn't recommend tryin' to do ALL the footwork AND arm-moves while you're aerobicizing.  Get one thing down pat and then add weight, or add moves, and pretty soon, you won't be a beginner anymore.

How about that?!

But I hope you never give up bein' a goof, Friends.  It's so much more fun to live life on the Goofy Side!  Muah!


No comments:

Post a Comment