Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

It Hurts My Heart

I can hear the laughter after I go to bed.  It hurts my heart.
Friends, I've gotta tell ya.  There's a downside to bein' me.  See, I hafta go to bed before everybody else.

Not only that, but after I've gone to bed for the night, before everybody else, if there's a groupa people around, I can hear my Big People laughing.  While I, the veritable life of every party, is languishing in a bed removed from the festivities, almost as though the Big People were waitin' for me to go to bed before they brought out the big fun.

I LOVE big fun!  And it hurts my heart to know that the Big People in my life can exclude me from said big fun, just like that.  I bet they don't even feel bad about sending me to bed before they all go to bed!  I bet it doesn't even cross their minds that such behavior on their part would hurt my feelings.

Friends, if there's a Little Kid in your life, and you're accustomed to puttin' that Little Kid to bed before the Big People go to bed, I ask you to put yourself in the place of that Little Kid.  How would you feel if all your Big People Friends, those people you love and trust most in this whole wide world, schuschelled you off to bed, unceremoniously, and then stayed up for hours, havin' fun and laughing and playing games and drinkin' Dang! Butterscotch Root Beer.  It sure as heck wouldn't feel very good at all, would it? 

Here's how you can help.  You can let the Little Kid in your life stay up as long as he or she wants, or at least as long as you Big People stay up.  Let the Little Kid participate in all the nighttime festivities, right along with the Big People.  Nobody likes to be left out of a party, Big People.  Not even Little Kids.  Think about it, please.

I love ya lots, and I'll see ya tomorrow.  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment