Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Days of Freedom Are Numbered

Whaddaya mean I hafta go to School in two years?! I just got here!
Friends, it has come to my attention this Sunday that school is beginning this week in my hometown.  Normally, this makes me feel indifferent or smug because I am not a schooler.  From where I stood, I could certainly not smell the pencil shavings or eraser exhaust. 

This year is different, though.  This year marks the turning-point for me.  You see, I will be beginning kindergarten in the fall of 2017.  I have known this my whole entire life, but 2017 seemed so far off.  Now, I can practically reach out my hands and grab 2017, and that brings all kindsa complicated feels up for me.  It really does.

You see, Friends, I have a good thing goin' here at my house.  I go to bed when I'm tired, I get up in the morning when I wanna, I get play-days at Gramma's, I don't hafta wear shoes... heck, I don't even hafta wear pants if I'm not in the mood for it.  I can eat when I'm hungry, and I'm TOLD to go to the bathroom more than I hafta ask permission to do the same.

That's all gonna change when this time, 2017 rolls around, and it strikes me that now I have less time left At Home With Mommy than I've enjoyed.  That's the aforementioned turning-point.  And I'm scared.  I'm homesick already.  I just don't know how this is gonna go, but I know my life won't ever be the same, and I also know it's gonna feel like I've joined some kinda kinder-army or something.

Oh, sure, I know I'll be meeting lotsa other little kids my age.  But I meet lotsa little kids my age when I'm out-n-about.  Oh, sure, I get stir-crazy in my house a lot, but once I sign on to go to School, there won't be any gettin' up in the morning, saying 'I'm not feelin' this,' and just skippin' it for the day.  Nope.  They keep tracka how often you come to School, Big People! 

Plus.  I am afraid for what'll happen to The Daily Zoe Facebook Show and The Daily Zoe Blog, once I'm at School.  Will they be able to keep going?  Will I figure out a way to reinvent them to fit with my new Schooler lifestyle?  I just don't know, Friends.  I just don't know.  Right now, I cannot imagine my life without lookin' in on you every day like I do.  But what if you get sick of me when I'm a Schooler, and not an adorably precocious Little Kid anymore?  It hurts my hear to think such things!  It really does!

I know what you're saying that I'd say, Friends, and I appreciate it.  I'm gonna try to follow your advice, which is my advice.  I'd tell you not to worry about stuff until there's a reason to worry.  I'd tell you that the answers will make themselves apparent when the time's right.  That's what I'd tell ya, and I hafta say, Big People, my advice sure tastes different in my mouth when I'm dolin' it out to myself, as opposed to when I'm dolin' it out to you.  Who asked me, anyways?

Heck, Friends.  I need to just go have a few minutes to myself, to realign my chakras and regain my grip.  I love ya lots, and I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  Thanks for listening!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment