Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Those Plants are Dyno-MITE!

My favorite thing about dynamite plants are poppin' 'em!
Hiya, Friends!

Hey, have you ever heard of Dynamite Plants?  They're those plants that have the little orange flowers on 'em and the little pods that POP!!! when ya touch 'em? 

They're pretty much the bubble-wrap of the plant world, if ya ask me, and I think dynamite plants are just the greatest.

Some people call 'em weeds and get all up in arms when they see Little Kids poppin' those pods, because I guess that's where the seeds are, and when ya make 'em pop, it's spreadin' the seeds around, so's there'll be even more dynamite plants.  I don't see what's to get all up in arms over.  Dynamite plants are a whole lotta fun, and I think the little orange flowers are cheerful!

Friends, I think it's time we re-frame the way we look at weeds.  Insteadda seein' 'em as nuisance plants, think of 'em as ultra-hardy indigenous perennials that are free.  That oughtta be enough to change the ol' attitude toward the plants we think of as weeds.  That oughtta do the dang ol' trick, Big People!

Hey.  I'll be seein' ya tomorrow.  I have a POPulation of dynamite plants to help out today.  I love ya lots!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment