Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Endless Lazy Rivers of Words

When I'm floating in endless lazy rivers of words, my mind goes on a walkabout.
Hiya, Big People!  Happy Saturday to you! 

Well, ya know, my life as a Director of Donut Development, Imaginer of Upscale Little Kid Shopping Malls, and even Doctor of Humorous Healing isn't all the time glamorous and interesting.  It's true.  There's mundane aspects to every hat I wear.  Especially that last one, which is odd, because you'd think that being a Doctor of Humorous Healing would be all fun-n-games, all the time.  But it really isn't!

It's because I hafta complete so many continuing education credits each year.  Don't get me wrong.  Some of those continuing education seminars and classes are really interesting, filled with useful, timely information on how I, Dr. Zoe, can optimize the use of laughter, which truly IS the best medicine, to elevate the quality of life of my patients. 

Those kindsa continuing education classes are rare gems in the gumball machine of continuing educations, I'll tell ya what, Friends.  Most of 'em I find myself attending are boooooooooring and they don't even really affect how I do my job.  For instance, I most recently attended a continuing education on the usefulness of color-coding folders in patient charting application.  First of all, all my charts are digital, so the computer knows what colors to make 'em.  Second of all, it seemed geared more for the clerical staff at St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital.  They would have learned a lot... if it were 1986. Because like I said, all of us use digital chart management now.

Now, even if it were 1986, and even if I were on the clerical staff and not a clinical practitioner, I'm not sure I woulda felt as though St. Laffalotatus- Mercy-Mercy Hospital would have gotten its money's worth out of this particular continuing education class.  The presenters were all drier than a sleeve of Premium Saltines.  And don't feel bad that I'm bad-mouthin' 'em on my blog.  I told 'em on the evaluation card I filled out at the end of the class.  I said my Premium Saltines thing, and I also was specific: I said that the presenters were mismatched to their audience, that their technology references are outdated, and their delivery fails to engage today's dynamic and youthful doctors of humorous healing.  I'm just reiterating my complaints here, is what I'm doing.

Listening to 'em was like floating on an endless lazy river of words, Big People.  All's I wanted to do was sit back and sleep.  Instead, I sent my mind on a Wandery Walkabout inside of a daydream.  It wasn't the ideal way to spend a day, but I made it work.  You bet I did.

Anyways, Friends, this is Saturday, and I think you oughtta go have some fun.  I love ya lots!  I'll see ya tomorrow!  Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment